RRC - driving sans front propshaft? quick ans pls

ThreeSheds

Hi,

Has anybody driven any distance in an RRC (BW transfer box) without a front propshaft? Was it ok?

I have to nip to the accessory shop (about 10 miles less than 40mph) and I only have the RRC available which has a completely shuggered UJ on the front propshaft...

I ran my RRC for some six months without the rear propshaft fitted without any noticeable difference - it even went for an MOT without said prop, now that did cause some head scratching but it was given an MOT but a note was made of the fact that it was missing a propshaft.

With no rear propshaft you have no handbrake and Park only works if you also use the handbrake. UNless you have an LT230 it shouldn't pass an MOT.

I think that there may be room for some debate on this...

With a Borg Warner viscous coupled transfer box, I would have thought that it would still transmit enough of the (hand) braking force from the drum through to the front axle for that to count as an effective 'secondary braking system' and pass the efficiency test, even in neutral? Having said that, there would be a certain amount of 'creep' meaning that you would not have an effective 'parking brake'... How that would be interpreted by the MoT man I wouldn't know.