G&S Drake

BogMonster

I bought a '99 td5 90 from him a few years ago. With 12 months MOT. He was ok to deal with but i didn't know as much about landies as i do now. It was an ex-utility. Rear discs and pads were fubared (not sure if its an MOT failure?). Front dif exploded after about 6 months. He doesn't tart them up so what you see is what you get. When that got written off I went back to look at another maroon 90 that he'd had for ages. Blowed all sorts of colours of smoke on start up although he was adament it was ok. I wasn't so I walked away. I'd deal with him again because he doesn't add on any VAT so the prices are reasonable but just check everything. Hope my ramblings help :)

OK - due to location I'm obviously not able to check the vehicle I'm looking at (it's not actually one shown on the site but one I picked up advertised elsewhere) I suppose what I am asking is whether I would get an honest view of its condition.

OK - due to location I'm obviously not able to check the vehicle I'm looking at (it's not actually one shown on the site but one I picked up advertised elsewhere) I suppose what I am asking is whether I would get an honest view of its condition.

BogMonster you have PM :D

I bought my ex YEB 110 from him 6 years ago. Very much what you see is what you get. I was after a mechanically sound 300 Tdi, not too bothered about the cosmetics, and with the very comprehensive service history that comes with an ex-utility, that's what I got. I would deal with him again if I was after something similar. :)

bought my 130 from him 7 years ago, and 3 of my friends have since bought good honest motors from him. He is very much what you see is what you get, he doesn't negotiate much, its take it or leave it! I'd buy again from him tomorrow if needs be. from a distance though I am afraid thats a gamble by anyones book!