Wandle Clean - Up Result!

Steve King

I am a member of the Wandle Trust and once a month I don waders and retrieve abandoned shopping trolleys, motor bikes, traffic cones etc etc from the River Wandle.

Today I found a motor scooter and with the help of a few heavies got it to the bank. As the wheels had seized solid we called for a flat bed trolley.

Whilst we were waiting for the trolley I saw a gleaming thing in another trolley. The driver(?) (- "pusher" doesn't sound correct!) was happy for me to take ownership of the object.

I am now the proud owner of a 24" ½" drive genuine Snap - On Breaker bar! I think they cost around £130 new!

Very nice, I wonder what it's history was, if used it to beat the living **** out of someone, or if it was pinched. Good work on the clear up though must be nice to see a difference when you finish.

Jon