Problem with EBC Greenstuff Pads

zim

Morning,

In October i fitted some ebc performance discs and greenstuff pads to my 4.6 v8.

Well recently i've been getting the good 'ol steering shake, so thought it's time to change them due to a warped disc.

I took the pads out, which have not done much mileage, to find that they've got cracks in them :(

Anyone else had issues like this before ? It didn't happen on my previous standard pads and i dont drive any different to then. I do realise it's due to heat build up, but surely they're made for a big car so should be good enough ?

G

post-9903-0-93757300-1308125282_thumb.jpg post-9903-0-07290200-1308125300_thumb.jpg post-9903-0-17707600-1308125308_thumb.jpg

Obvious question: were they fitted with any sort of hammer (eg tapped into place in the caliper). Mine are a very tight fit and like an idiot I actually cracked one the other day whilst tapping it in :(

Failing that, try asking/mailing EBC, they may take an interest.

Obvious question: were they fitted with any sort of hammer (eg tapped into place in the caliper). Mine are a very tight fit and like an idiot I actually cracked one the other day whilst tapping it in :(

Failing that, try asking/mailing EBC, they may take an interest.

No.

All 4 have cracks.

I'm in contact with paddocks who've sent pictures onto EBC.

G

Interesting! When i got my 4.6, it also suffered from brake judder. I upgraded to EBC disks and pads (not the greenstuff), the judder disappeared but after about 25k came back (shortly after I had passed the car on to my GF...). Bearings checked out OK, so I again changed disks and pads (though they looked OK, only minor wear as be expected), again the problem disappeared but now, after another 20k they seem to be returning. Think I'll put in a set of standard pads on the next maintenance for a try...

Are they floating callipers on the 4.6? a common problem on Fords and the like is when the steel pins that support the calliper wear (or actually the bushes that run on them) the brakes judder, even before you can feel any wear in the bush. I've had pattern callipers that have introduced brake judder before now too.

Are they floating callipers on the 4.6? a common problem on Fords and the like is when the steel pins that support the calliper wear (or actually the bushes that run on them) the brakes judder, even before you can feel any wear in the bush. I've had pattern callipers that have introduced brake judder before now too.

Yes, they are floating.

Great tip, I'll definitely check next time I have the wheels of.

Filip