Wet Right Foot

I've tried a search without success, and also realise that if it dosen't leak it's not a Land Rover, but of the many causes of leaks can anyone tell me which one causes water to drip onto my right foot during heavy rain. I've tried to looking for a source of water ingress, but it is difficult as it only seems to happen when I'm driving so I can't spend too long staring into the driver's footwell. Once I have identified the source, is it fixable?

Tazz

Also check the gaskets where the windscreen mounting hinge/bracket goes through the screen and the bulkhead. And the bulkhead vent seals. And the gaskets for the pedals.

Sometimes the best method is to get under there with a torch and have an assistant spray the car with the hose. This is what the water ingress manual recommends.

It might be a Land Rover, which means it is likely to leak, but certainly doesn't mean it has to leak. Many people blame the shoddy construction for the leaks from the outset, but I believe there is more to it. Certainly there is room for improvement in the design, and it will always be more leak-prone due to the construction, but seals harden and fall apart with age and owners remove and refit body panels either badly or without seals at all. With the panels fitted correctly, and with all the seals present and in good condition, it shouldn't leak :)

& the bonnet rear edge to bulkhead rubber buffers, should be 2 fitted.

bulkhead vent seals

lok in far corners of engine bay where the under screen drain channel & wing top meet there is normally a gap, so water runs through the gap & rots the upper outer corner of the footwells, = rain on your right foot & rain on passengers left foot.

I've tried a search without success, and also realise that if it dosen't leak it's not a Land Rover, but of the many causes of leaks can anyone tell me which one causes water to drip onto my right foot during heavy rain. I've tried to looking for a source of water ingress, but it is difficult as it only seems to happen when I'm driving so I can't spend too long staring into the driver's footwell. Once I have identified the source, is it fixable?

Tazz

Hi tazz

if you still don't have the Land_Rover_Defender_Water_Ingress_Manual see attachment. if you don't get it email me & i will send it to you

Roy :)