How hot does it get?

I dont understand the question.

You mean what temp rise will the turbo give to the air.

It will be the same rise with or without an intercooler, but if the charge is pre cooled it will compensate & improve combustion.

It depends on the pressure ratio and the efficiency of the turbocharger - I'd imagine up to 150deg C on a Tdi but probably less if you're considering your nasty petrol-burning vapourwagon which can't tolerate sensible levels of manifold pressure...

You mean like 50 psi :D:D:D

wow big words & long sums with a fancy graph, must be intelligent stuff that - wots it mean? :ph34r:

???

Now I'm lost - it means the answer to his question, no...?

:unsure:

You can't answer a thermodynamics question without at least touching on stuff which is vaguely thermodynamiccy... :huh:

It's only 1 equation. If any of it confuses you, post up a specific question.

Al.

Sorry should have been more specific but im at work.....working with deadlines so it had to be a short one!

So if the air temp going into the engine is about 150°c then a charge cooler using the engine water of 80°c would hopfully cool it.

Im looking into ways of turbo cooling at the mo............the master plan is to drop the V8 TT into a RR.

But first I must get the 2A working!!!

Thanks all

You wouldn't want to look at a metered Nitrous Oxide application instead? Instead of the boy racer massive injection at the top end of an engines capacity (with all the inherent problems that entails) there are now metered kits that deliver a certain amount within given performance parameters (its less complex than I am making it sound) so that it stops before you go boom and only kicks in when it is most needed - i.e. is more torque focused than top end hp focused. This gives you the benefits you seem to be looking for without necessarily requiring a PhD in thermdynamiccy stuff.

Just a thought.

Sorry should have been more specific but im at work.....working with deadlines so it had to be a short one!

So if the air temp going into the engine is about 150°c then a charge cooler using the engine water of 80°c would hopfully cool it.

Im looking into ways of turbo cooling at the mo............the master plan is to drop the V8 TT into a RR.

But first I must get the 2A working!!!

Thanks all

You would NEVER want to run engine cooling water through the charge cooler ,only if you wanted to use it as a pre heater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!