spigot bush on 300tdi conversion

Did you check the spigot bush fitted on the gear box input shaft before you installed it? - I was talking to a friend who was doing an LR engine swap not 300tdi, and he found the new spigot was fractionally too small for the input shaft end.. he said he took it out and luckily had a lathe facility to bore it out.

Is your's a genuine LR spigot bush per chance? They can be a total PITA to fit sometimes, you only have to be slightly off perpendicular for it not to want to go in.

the one on the 300 was a person I'm not that keen on in the end i got a hacksaw blade and cut it out lol the one out of the 19j i made up a little slide hammer out of a coach bolt and a tractor linkage ball ! lol it done the job lovley !my conversion is almost compleate i just got to sort the air filter and the exhaust !

Before using the tap method to heave it out I did have a bash with the grease compression method as the Haynes suggests but my makeshift piston didn't fit the bore in the spigot tight enough so when I whacked it there wasn't enough compression, I didn't have anything else to hand to use that was a tighter fit so I resorted to using the tap. I found this to be a much quicker and cleaner method once I'd cleaned 4 tons of grease from inside the spigot :rolleyes: