Quick Release Bucket seats

Tris Cocks

Hi

I am looking at buying some QT Challenege bucket seats and think that £85 +VAT for a lower seat base seems a bit excessive,

Ideally i want to make the seats easily removable to access the battery under the seats, im planning on making something to pick up on the four existing bolt holes for the existing seats.

Has anybody got any pictures or advice how i can make the seats removable easily, im thinking something along the lines of a bar going throught some holes with an R pin to stop the bar coming out, would this suffice to keep the MOT man happy?

Cheers

Tris

Its as strong as you want to make it, the idea was that its built in such a way that any forces acting on it forward act more imn shear, which is taken up on the locator dowels.

yeah it needs somewhat refineing, it was just a 5 minute sketch but that what I have in mind....

Sorry I didn't bite! The main reason was Liability! My insurer said "F.O" - or words to that general effect!

One issue you may have is complying with MSA regs. My Blue Book seems to have vaporised so I can't check!

I bought some nice seats from Malcolm Whitbred which are Blow-Moulded HDPE. Very light weight and because the plastic is flexible, surprisingly comfortable. Making the seat mounting brackets is on my list for the next couple of weeks.

A long time ago, I had seat brackets from a Peugeot 205 IIRC with regular defender seats (in a Series with under-seat filler). The mechanism lifted the seat, the base moved towards the rear as it pivoted round leaving the headrest resting on the steering wheel and windscreen and plenty of space to fill the tank. They worked really well and retained the front to rear adjustability. Once the bulkhead vanished - it was possible to climb in to the back past the front seats like a real car!

Si

I used a sheet of 3mm steel to make a plate which the seats just bolt to. At the back I bolted a braket to the seat box that the plate just slides under to stop it lifting, and at the front I drilled 2 holes that allows two tailgate catches to fit through. They work but it took a bit of adjustment to get the catches to hold the plate down correctly and not rattle loose. I'm already working on the Mk2 version whic I'm thinking of using a lynch pin arrangement instead of the tail gate latches.

Sorry I didn't bite! The main reason was Liability! My insurer said "F.O" - or words to that general effect!

One issue you may have is complying with MSA regs. My Blue Book seems to have vaporised so I can't check!

I bought some nice seats from Malcolm Whitbred which are Blow-Moulded HDPE. Very light weight and because the plastic is flexible, surprisingly comfortable. Making the seat mounting brackets is on my list for the next couple of weeks.

A long time ago, I had seat brackets from a Peugeot 205 IIRC with regular defender seats (in a Series with under-seat filler). The mechanism lifted the seat, the base moved towards the rear as it pivoted round leaving the headrest resting on the steering wheel and windscreen and plenty of space to fill the tank. They worked really well and retained the front to rear adjustability. Once the bulkhead vanished - it was possible to climb in to the back past the front seats like a real car!

Si

:i-m_so_happy: I scowerd the earth for someone breaking a 205... lol - couldn't find one, so put the idea on "ice" until i could make somthing sexy for myself.