Mega Confused

zardos

I have a Megasquirt Kit from Nige (MS1 SnE 029v) for my 3.9 Serp Engine that was previously running fine on default map Nige put on it and with the ECU connecting to my laptop via serial cable.

Working on other vehicles has got in the way for a while and it has been about 1.5 months since I had run the engine.

I came to start it again today and it turns over fine but no hint of firing. :(

I tried to connect Megatune to it and cannot get it connect.

When the ignition is tuned on the D14 LED flashes are few times then starts to flicker and the fuel pump relay is not activated.

The battery voltage is good and there is power to the ECU

Since starting it last all I have done is partially drain the engine coolant and removed the rear rad to physically fit some electric fans and refit the rad and fill up with coolant (not the fans are not wired up yet).

I did not think that the D14 LED should flicker in that way until the engine was running (as it should be Spark A)

Any suggestions on what to look at next?

If there is power to the ECU you should be able to connect to it with MT.

I'd start by checking the earth connection is good. A bad/disconnected earth would explain the symptoms you describe - the fuel pump relay is one of many circuits that get switched to earth and if that earth doesn't exist it will reset the CPU continuously.