Double crankshaftpulley of V8 on tdi

henk

I've had a double pulley for a 200TDi disco on order with Buckley for nearly 12 months now, still no sign of it. If it gets to 12 months I'll be cancelling it, they've made no effort to contact me to keep me updated, and I only found it they had it on order when I enquired after a month as to why it hadnt arrived :angry2:

Have you got air-con? I managed to destroy my 200tdi crank pulley trying to remove it, replaced with a brand new one (which was relatively cheap - just don't look at prices for the damper!). I ordered an air con one ready for on board air set up, but you could use this to drive a 2nd alternator instead.

as far as I recall - all the pulley variants fit onto the damper.

Dave

double groove pulley was used for alternator/water pump & PAS pump, a 3 groove pulley as fitted to air cond fitted vehicles/engines might be better,

these have the crank/PAS belt in forward groove

crank/water pump/alternator in the centre groove

air cond pump/crank in rear groove.

double groove pulley was used for alternator/water pump & PAS pump, a 3 groove pulley as fitted to air cond fitted vehicles/engines might be better,

these have the crank/PAS belt in forward groove

crank/water pump/alternator in the centre groove

air cond pump/crank in rear groove.

air con is on the middle groove Ralph.

darn, I should have checked the photo's of my Defender 200Tdi crank pulley [added below]

well spotted, just to correct my previous reply

crank/PAS belt in forward groove

air cond pump [if fitted] /crank in centre groove.

crank/water pump/alternator in the rear groove

post-20-0-61493000-1324214407_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-14370400-1324214410_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-79503000-1324214413_thumb.jpg

Just a thought, but are we talking defender here? or disco? Isnt disco Air-con (where fitted) on rear or pulleypulley, crank/pump/pas front of pulley? (only 2 grooves)

disco's have 1 or 2 belt crank pullys due to the alt being driven from the pas pump. Yes, its most likely the qircons driven from the rear pully.

Yes it is, checked this morning.

Also, found my TD pulley, and it does indeed look like it will fit the disco engine however! It is a two groove pulley, for PAS (front groove) and waterpump/alternator (rear pulley)...which means, you can't put it on a disco 200, otherwise you'd be able to drive the aircon (rear) but not the water pump - you'd need the missing middle pulley. If you wanted a TD pulley to fit on a disco 200, you'd need the 3-groove air con version.