Fitting heated seat pads ?

zim

Afternoon,

I am looking at fitting heated seat pads to my vehicle..... Searching ebay there are a number that come up i.e. hong kong specials !

Has anybody fitted a set and if so what were your thoughts ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180767500403?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I've stripped seats before and have hog rings / pliers, so not worried about that part.

I've got them in my RR and like them on a cold winters day :)

Cheers

Gordon

Gordon

may i suggest cable straight in from mains to three plates one for each phase. sit on all three plates until you can no longer utter the phrase Gay Ford F350 :moglite:

i didn't say Ford...if you came and take a look outside our workshop you'd see 2 x RRC, 2 x S III, 1 x P38, 1 x 90 and 2 x Offroaders :P

Dunno about those but last week fitted a set of these (took 2 weeks to arrive) http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a5e2cfdde

and they are amazing, heat in about 30 seconds and on high get mega, warm, the two pads detach as a pair to make it easy to get the bases out, I have just stuck them (they are like big stickers) straight to the seats then have a bit of material (as too warm) then the waterproof LR seat covers!

I like the little subtle switches and the fact the led shows high or low setting, long cables too.

Gary.

That seem a bit like hard work to me.

I have one similar to this one:

http://srx.uk.ebayrtm.com/clk?RtmClk&u=1H4sIAAAAAAAAACWQS2uDQBSF94L%2FQSjpbnSevmAoVg0KiQYd7UYoJoZWUquYCaH%2Fvjft5nDOd8%2FdnKe611ZyPlnEs3AQUhJibu1rZVFMiGmsN%2Fmp9dKFjnO%2F3%2B3zsf%2BxT7N9uzijnhxCW5SlkUoTFEcVaqMCbauyUKgGiOKyTStEKGrLnUKHKEmgp7K02kc7FDd1lpcFaoocWjWQba6QQ13sC0x9wih%2Fedfr5ToOnVw449ieCPP48wMu%2FTpdO9l%2Ffcwblhxy%2By1Scbah7qivAOINFfS1%2Fss3yE0MxJ31N3gBbnmUXGYa%2FSwx6DhIweGFYWEax0ESTPzA46YxwoUHwnN9ygRmnASU%2FM9ykaC%2F8yV8UjwBAAA%3D&ch=3&g=3373b0de1300a47a08555465ffbbe9ab&i=-9999&aii=4957682350341921011&lid=1018974&m=220254Ï€=4340

you just put them on when its freezing, plug it in when you drive off, have a hot behind 5 min later. Its brilliant for my truck that has no heater, especially last year when I used it at min 10. I also use a plug in electric air blower to blow on the front screen to stop it freezing up. a £10 ebay job is just fine. My series truck is brilliant in the winter like this.

Ive fitted over 20 sets, in the past three years, of the Waeco ones and not had any fail. Easy to cut to shape good quailty wire and connectors, Switches not cheep carp.

Edit. I can check what we pay direct from Dometic on Monday if you want?

Edited by fozsug

Do the MSH50 heat up very fast ?, looking at the specs the MSH100 are nearly double the wattage IIRC !

or is there that much difference between the two anybody had "contact" with both types :moglite:

Cant seem to find a resonable price on the MSH 100's

Do the MSH50 heat up very fast ?, looking at the specs the MSH100 are nearly double the wattage IIRC !

or is there that much difference between the two anybody had "contact" with both types :moglite:

Cant seem to find a resonable price on the MSH 100's

We tried the MSH 50's once on a smaller 3.5 tonne seat and the difference is marked, the MSH50 heats up much slower and the heat is not as uniform across the pad . The MSH 100's , which we have fitted alot ,heat up in about 15 seconds , have a uniform heat across the whole pad, maintain a good constant heat, and as i said in an earlier post , we have had not failures or complaints from customers.

As for cost we buy direct from Dometic( who are a complete pain to deal with) at £ 105 plus Vat. Not managed to find cheeper .

But as the old saying goes you pay for what you get.

IMHO the MSH100 pads are far superior to the MSH 50's , and i would imagine much better than the Chinese ones.

If my last company is anything to go by taiwan is no longer cheap in either price or quality having suffered a similar inflation rate and social mobility like japan. the goods we saw were as good as the german stuff I sold but more expensive and not as pricey as the japanese. which makes me wonder if VAG bum warmers could be a plan. the ones in my passat work very quickly and i woudl guess are pretty robust also will be fitted to audi, skoda and seat with usual difference in spares prices