Bristol & West Land Rover Show 2012

Brookers

Hi All,

I received this email today about a new show so I thought I would share.

Brookers

Hello All.

Dates for the show are June 23rd & 24th 2012.

Show is hopefully going to be called Bristol & West Land Rover Show 2012.

There will be access to the off road course, trade stands / auto jumble, camping and evening entertainment. As an addition to the show the charity BLESMA are planning a world record attempt with Land Rovers. People can keep up to date using the website which will be finished within the next week ( I will email you details asap). Details will also be posted on www.facebook.com/xtremeoffroad and www.xtremeoffroad.co.uk. There will also be updates through Twitter - @Xtremeoffroad.

This show is being organised between Xtreme Offroad & Mark Woodward who is also organising the Eastnor castle Land Rover Show.

We would appreciate any help in raising peoples awareness of this show so would be more than happy for you to promote this through forums or any other media you see fit.

Kind regards

Chris Homer

Xtreme Offroad

Your event in safe hands

(0 1 9 3 4) 7 4 1 5 8 2 Direct Dial

(0 1 9 3 4) 8 0 8 1 1 6 Facsimile

(0 7 8 7 7) 0 1 0 6 7 5 Mobile

Send a mail to: info@xtremeoffroad.co.uk

• 1 month later...

£35 for the weekend including camping looks great :D is the off road course bookable on the weekend as it's not an option with the tickets?

Jason.

£35 for the weekend including camping looks great :D is the off road course bookable on the weekend as it's not an option with the tickets?

Jason.

Found this at the bottom of the "Off Road Course" Page,

Off road course is £10 per session or £30 for 4 sessions

if booked at the same time. To book call Matt on

Tel: 07768 748515 (Xtreme) or 016974 51882.

I would imagine that as well as pre booking there will be the oportunity to buy on the day.

Brookers

• 2 months later...

I am looking forward to this show,truly independent just like this forum :) . Lynn Bowles and Chris Evans were chatting about it on radio 2 this morming. Evans reckons there are four main events this year....the olympics,euro 2012,the jubilee and The Bristol and West Land Rover show :lol:

Those of you that are going be aware that the booking form does not contain the entry form for the Blesma challenge,look for that elsewhere on the site, a donation of just £10 to Blesma www.blesma.org secures your place.The event will be photographed from the air so make sure your truck is in shot.You can decide to take part on the day if it is not fully subscribed by then but booking in advance helps with the organisation.Many thanks.

See you there

van

• 3 weeks later...

Well having just spent the last four days on the off road course and having done countless laps I'm happy to report that the course just gets better and better. I know i'm not totally impartial but having driven most of the other show's off road courses I recon this is the best in the country. If your comming to the show make sure you have a go! If you don't want to take your own vehicle round then there will be passenger rides avaiable as well.

One of the things that sets this course apart from the others is the way you can play with it. In may places you can take a normal line and just potter on through or play a little more and get get your vehicle in some er interesting angles and lifting a wheel or two :i-m_so_happy:

I'm now spending the next couple of Saturdays helping out with the marshal training to let them know how to get the best out of the course so they can pass that on to any drivers wanting a little advise.

So, whos attending?

Brookers

I will be there, Just make sure you cut the branches this time!! or issue them with planks again!! Will you be putting a wash-up at the end of the course in the field this time?

Jason.

Jason, we (probably me) will be trimming branches next week, what height would sir like them trimmed too?

Washing area will be available for use at the end of the course. Lets hope for some wet weather for the next few weeks to fill the bomb holes up and sunshine for the weekend.

Brookers

2.25 is good for me sir, I think the big thing was the 'woodland run' out of the course last time was fine in the middle but very tight on the edges, and I ended up with a lot of it on my truck, it looked like I was trying to run in 'camo mode'.

I am really looking forward to the weekend, for me it was one of the best Land Rover shows I have ever been to, lots to do, friendly people, clean showers/toilets. OK not the size of Billing, but not the hassle of Billing either, just a nice friendly show.

Lets hope for the sort of weather we had last time.

Jason.

2.25 is good for me sir, I think the big thing was the 'woodland run' out of the course last time was fine in the middle but very tight on the edges, and I ended up with a lot of it on my truck, it looked like I was trying to run in 'camo mode'.

I am really looking forward to the weekend, for me it was one of the best Land Rover shows I have ever been to, lots to do, friendly people, clean showers/toilets. OK not the size of Billing, but not the hassle of Billing either, just a nice friendly show.

Lets hope for the sort of weather we had last time.

Jason.

I know exactly where you mean. I will make sure your able to leave the trees where you found them on your way round :blink:

As for the weather we can only hope but at least the paths around the showground and camping area are all weather. Looking at the website there are a good number of traders booking up and plenty of clubs too :) so hopefully the organisers acheive their aim of making a chilled, fun family show.

Hopefully we can meet up for a Cider and I can get to see your trailer in the flesh.

Brookers

Hi, looking at the booking pae, for two of us would I need 1 camping pass at £35, and one weekend pass at £15? Or two camping passes?

I didn't think I'd make a show this year but I'm very tempted to make the LONG drive down and maybe do some rock climbing whilst I'm in the area.

Cheers, Martin

Hi, looking at the booking pae, for two of us would I need 1 camping pass at £35, and one weekend pass at £15? Or two camping passes?

I didn't think I'd make a show this year but I'm very tempted to make the LONG drive down and maybe do some rock climbing whilst I'm in the area.

Cheers, Martin

No, you need a camping pass thats £35 which includes entry to the show, Or thats how I read the website :blink: Unlike some shows the organisers are not gready :o

If your looking for rock climbing I'm assuming your thinking Cheddar Gorge?

Brookers

Martin,

When you order the ticket it say's it includes 3 adult weekend passes (children are free) for use by people camping.

Jason.

I am really looking forward to the weekend, for me it was one of the best Land Rover shows I have ever been to, lots to do, friendly people, clean showers/toilets.

That pretty much sums it up for me too.

It's good value for both traders and visitors - I'm also looking forward to it!

Si

I'm going to be bringing the family along, looks like it'll be a great show. I'd like to take the old girl around the course but just how suitable will the 'green' routes be for a pretty much standard 110 CSW running A/Ts? I'll possibly have a snorkel by then but other than that it'll be basically how LR intended.

I'm going to be bringing the family along, looks like it'll be a great show. I'd like to take the old girl around the course but just how suitable will the 'green' routes be for a pretty much standard 110 CSW running A/Ts? I'll possibly have a snorkel by then but other than that it'll be basically how LR intended.

You will be fine on the 'green' routes in a standard 110. If it's really wet you may struggle a little on AT's but I have got standard vehicles round in the wet on AT's before. It just takes a little more skill not to get stuck :blink: You won't need a snorkle for the 'green' routes, but if you decide to play in the red mud run it may come in usefull ;)

Brookers

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am away at the moment but the report from home is that the trailer is packed and we are ready for Friday so I will be there so who else should I look out for?

Jason