Redbooster clutch servo

Jason, great to see you have this fitted.

I was a little skeptical about the claimed lightness of pedal, but you have proven it to be true, it sounds almost too light. I can imagine it would be very easy to ride the clutch without realising, and wearing the clutch prematurely. I wonder if there are servos with less amplification that could have been used instead?

I'll look forward to further reports on real life usage.

where's the fluid pipe from master to slave, all I can see is a blanked port where the pipe should be.

The fluid pipe from master to slave is via the replacement braided hose supplied, the original pipe can be removed or as in my case just blanked and left in situ.

Jason, great to see you have this fitted.

I was a little skeptical about the claimed lightness of pedal, but you have proven it to be true, it sounds almost too light. I can imagine it would be very easy to ride the clutch without realising, and wearing the clutch prematurely. I wonder if there are servos with less amplification that could have been used instead?

I'll look forward to further reports on real life usage.

Mickey, I was also worried about that but it's strange as there is a fair bit of feel, it's just light so my normal slamming down of the pedal has just become a bit more refined, which does not go hand in hand with a Defender!! I am away at the weekend laneing and will be taking the trailer so I guess that will be a good test of how it goes. I never had a problem, but Mrs S struggled to hold the clutch in traffic so I had to do lots of the driving when we are away, or getting away so that will be the true test.

Jason.

One of these will do the job and you can mount pretty well anywhere HTSH

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item231e3a588f

Looked at that first but with my A/C T/C and all the other bits, it was going to be a struggle to fit, also feedback from people using brake units was that if you didn't get the size right you could put to much strain on the Slave.

Jason.

The fluid pipe from master to slave is via the replacement braided hose supplied, the original pipe can be removed or as in my case just blanked and left in situ.

so the new hose fits in the same port but uses a banjo joint instead of a direct pipe fitting, just looked at the redbooster website & parts kit.

so the new hose fits in the same port but uses a banjo joint instead of a direct pipe fitting, just looked at the redbooster website & parts kit.

Correct, sorry I now understand your question, it's good that the kit came with all the pipes, the only thing Ian said was that the banjo washers were too big so the unit leaked and he had to replace them with better ones but apart from that it was straight forward. It did take some time mainly as he hadn't done it before and my truck has all the toys so there is not a lot of room to fit extra bits.

Jason.

I hope it gives you good service, not a cheap kit by any means.

Whilst £300 is not cheap by any means my Defender is a second car, I am away lots so would like to see it driven more to splash the fluids around, by doing this Mrs S can give it a run every now and again and share driving when we go away so it's money well spent in my book.

Only time will tell if it is money well spent, but from her initial reaction tonight I think it will be Mrs S is not a big person and struggled holding the clutch in traffic, so dreaded driving it, this has now been fixed so all should be good.

Jason.

Guys,

I just got my Red Booster fitted into my 1991 Landy 110. Trust me the clutch before was very hard and after a long drive in the Bangalore Traffic, my knees used to pain. I had bought this kit from Andrew many months back about in Jan, finally managed to get it fitted last week.

The after effects are awesome, driving the landy back from the garage, felt like the clutch had collapsed and it was so easy to press the clutch which I was not used to now. I asked the mechanic to fit a spring for the pedal as it was too soft, after it was done the clutch now has some resistance! It took me a day to get used to the extremely soft like butter clutch pedal, but now I am enjoying it like hell. Trust me guys this is the best investment I have made on my Landy, especially I am saving my knees for my old age!

Forgot to mention mine landy is a 110, 200tdi. Now with new OME nitrocharger sport shocks and OME HD springs.

Even though the RB is expensive, it is worth it as Andrew had made all the custom parts for my 200TDI fit and everytime I called he would respond and help 110%. I am glad I bought the RB Hydraulic Clutch. Wonder why Land Rover cannot make this as OE on all Defenders?

• 1 month later...

OK,

So a quick update on this...

As above I have never really had an issue with the 'heavy clutch' but since having it 'fixed' I have got to say it's great, went to the plains a couple of weeks ago, it was a Friday night and we got stuck in traffic on route. It was at that point I realised how much of a difference it made.

Mrs S has had a drive of the truck and loves the difference, we are on holiday soon so that will be the big test, I will report back then.

Jason.

Good to hear it makes a difference.

Bit pricey for me, though I have got a 300Tdi pedal to fit instead... which will hopefully help a little bit :)

got a 300tdi clutch pedal assembly on my '89 110, much lighter than the old version.