air compressor

mudmagnet

i have a wolf compressor (while not the best it works for me ) but the air quick release couplings are rubbish

and on some tools i have bought the fittings are different,so i have to swap fittings around to suit the tools.

what is the best air fittings i can get

i did see a post on here a while back but cant find it now,

thanks in advance

I run the style above in my garage and they are very good.

We have a fatter one at work with a cone end which cost a fortune in lost air.

Not cheap, but the best I've seen ever are 3/8" quick release hydraulic couplings. Even I couldn't kill them ^_^

For our needs, pcl are what you want :)

Not cheap, but the best I've seen ever are 3/8" quick release hydraulic couplings. Even I couldn't kill them ^_^

It depends what you mean by best. We use what we term "crows feet connectors" here at work. Forgotten the proper name. These allow a lot of air flow compared to smaller items. (A valve is needed though) No good in a garage.

Air%20Manifold.jpg

I have the wolf compressor, I find it suitable for most tasks. I swapped one outlet to the pcl and also made an adaptor to run either type tool fitting, as they all use bsp threads it's a simple process saves a lot of hassle.

Just to confuse things, there are also these type connectors:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Hi-Flow-Uni-Air-Line-Male-Connector-/250923829149?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item3a6c39c79d#ht_2220wt_689

Which are supplied with most new air tools. They have a slightly bigger bore than PCL and thus can flow more air. They are known by several names including: Air Line, Aeroquip, Uni Air, Uni Line - connectors.

On my compressor I use both these and PCL just for compatibility with anything. Really I ought to convert everything to one or the other!

Si