Cylinder de-activation. will it work?

Yostumpy

Just a thought, if you're running non-standard tyre sizes, make sure to use the actual mileage to calculate fuel consumption, and not what you read on the tripmeter. It wouldn't be the first time I heard people complain about economy after going from 29" to 32" tyres, only to be surprised when I pointed out the speedo and trip would be underreading by about 10%.

I find sitting at 55-60 mph to be about the most efficient speed. At that speed on a long run my 90 will do 32mpg and I'll get about 310-320 miles between fill-ups.

As do I, get 35 out of the TDi'd 88 that way...

Just a thought, if you're running non-standard tyre sizes, make sure to use the actual mileage to calculate fuel consumption, and not what you read on the tripmeter. It wouldn't be the first time I heard people complain about economy after going from 29" to 32" tyres, only to be surprised when I pointed out the speedo and trip would be underreading by about 10%.

When I'm on a run to calculate MPG, I always take the satnav to record the mileage, every trip it does.

I must admit I am running 235 85s @ 35psi and have the blue speedo drive gear in the transfer box.

To answer Daan, when you trace a 300tdi's intake pipework, the route goes down to a drain point (?) bolted near the brake bias valve on the driver's footwell in the engine bay. When you unbolt this plastic gizmo it has a very small bore size, so I replaced the entire pipe run with 3" bore flexi directly from the airbox out to the wing - my reason being she can breathe a bit free-er.

I must admit I am running 235 85s @ 35psi and have the blue speedo drive gear in the transfer box.

To answer Daan, when you trace a 300tdi's intake pipework, the route goes down to a drain point (?) bolted near the brake bias valve on the driver's footwell in the engine bay. When you unbolt this plastic gizmo it has a very small bore size, so I replaced the entire pipe run with 3" bore flexi directly from the airbox out to the wing - my reason being she can breathe a bit free-er.

Ok, I am not using any of that standard intake, so no change needed there.

Daan

PS, have you got video footage of the muppets in action club? Sound like a very promising name for an offroad club...