iPod only player/amp

gruntus

Gents,

Just finished my 90 project (woohoo! the vapour has evaporated!) and I would like to be able to play music from my iPod.

I have no radio or CD fitted as of yet.

Is there anything on the market that allows 2 to 4 speakers (2 x front, 2 x back) to be driven by a small amp that has an iPod only input?

Nothing too biig or technical (read as cheap :) ) just something that can get me up and running listening to Shania Twain pronto! :D

As always thanks in advance for your help.

All the best

G :)

The cheapest option would prob be a Halford's stereo with aux / iPod input. Or you can find the original Puma Defender stereos with the aux input on ebay for around £50.

Any normal car audio amp would take your headphone out as an input via an RCA - 3.5 stereo jack lead. 4x50W amp should do it, and be better quality than most cheapy headunits, then you just need to find some speakers.

I have an 'audio out' cable for my iPod, which presents a 3.5mm jack, but delivered from the iPod connector on the bottom of the said pocket jukebox. This means the volume control (and I believe equaliser) is bypassed which presents a much better sound to my amp.

http://www.ebay.co.u...d#ht_790wt_1342

EDIT: I don't think it works with Shania Twain though.