On-board air options

mcc1979ian

Evening all,

im thinking of having an on-board air supply in the 90 but have gave myself 2 options,

1. use air con pump and convert and rig up to a tank

2. iv changed to coils on the back of the disco so now have a redundant compressor on here i could use

question is which do you think would be the best option and what would i all need to make the disco compressor idea?

The aircon pump will give you all the air you need esp with a old CO2 fire extinguisher or such like as a tank You will need suitable high pressure/hot temp hose , a inline oiler if using for power tools etc . safety valve , and a pressure cutout switch in the power feed .

You can't effectively run tools (impact wrench, drill etc) from an air con pump in my opinion. Sorry. (yes i have a tank).

G

Why not? I have a 10 litre tank on mine and the rattle gun will happily knock the wheel nuts off. If you need a bit more air, just wedge a stick on the throttle!