300 tdi chassis loom connectors

I'm going to copy a 300 tdi defender loom I have as they're impossible to get second hand or new. The only connector I'm struggling to get is the white 6 pin one at the Bulkhead end. Does anyone know a scource for them? I think it's an Econoseal type.

Hi

just finishing off rewiring my 1989 Ninety to 1999 spec, have used a combination of connectors from EasternBeaver in America for the Sumitomo connectors and Polevolt U.K for the Econoseal type connectors. Hope that Helps Gaz.

I'm going to copy a 300 tdi defender loom I have as they're impossible to get second hand or new. The only connector I'm struggling to get is the white 6 pin one at the Bulkhead end. Does anyone know a scource for them? I think it's an Econoseal type.

C0378/C0392 are 6-way Econoseal III connectors -

th_C378.jpg . th_C392.jpg

The White (as well as Red and Blue) versions of the Econoseal III connectors are impossible to source through retail outlets, and most trade distributors don't stock them, but will order them in with an MOQ of 1000 (for the 6-way versions) and an 8-week factory lead time.

The coloured versions have the same coding keyways as the Black Econoseal III connectors, and are interchangeable with one another.

The different colours are used to aid harness connection in production.

As said above, Polevolt are the cheapest source for Econoseal connectors -

http://www.polevolt....Connectors.html

I may have to do just that, Ralph. Thanks. Is there no way to remove the old loom without destroying it? I have access to a donor 90 with the same loom I need.

Thanks Ron! I thought they only made looms up to 200TDi. I just mailed them now. Will post here what they say.

the chassis loom can be removed fairly easily, took mine out recently, I disconnected the front engine bay connections & pulled it though from the rear, on the right hand chassis inner face there are 2 large grommets, remove these from the chassis & loom then extract loom from the rear,

if you want the new loom inside the chassis, tie a very long length of sting/cord to the forward connectors & it'll sit inside until you tie the new loom to it & pull though from the front.

or put the new loom inside some convoluted split tubing & ty-wrap to the outer top face/body mounts.

Autosparks do list a chassis loom for chassis range MA939976 to VA104805, which should cover 110 300tdi models with heated rear window & rear wash/wipe.

Ralph - you are dead right. I found it on their website. The picture they have of the loom on their website is incorrect but hopefully it is just a sample image. Will call them tomorrow and post here what they say. £68 + VAT quoted on their website is good enough value - especially when you compare against the genuine LR item!

Thanks folks!

• 2 years later...

Thank you PaulMc!

I've been a lurker here for years and the posts on this forum have been very helpful. I have read many posts from Les. I've been installing a 300tdi in my NAS 90 for a couple years now. I got it running last night. Now I'm just tidying up a few things. Your tip on the econoseals saved me a ton of time. Many thanks!

Peter

Thank you PaulMc!

I've been a lurker here for years and the posts on this forum have been very helpful. I have read many posts from Les. I've been installing a 300tdi in my NAS 90 for a couple years now. I got it running last night. Now I'm just tidying up a few things. Your tip on the econoseals saved me a ton of time. Many thanks!

Peter

You're welcome tiphat.gif

Thank you PaulMc!

Peter

And welcome to the forum!