Higher rear seats in a 110

Hi All,

I read somewhere that it makes it more comfortable for the passengers if you lift the seats higher!

I think they were doing this to Defender 110 that give Safari tours in Africa

Has anyone done this? Can you buy a kit in the UK.

Cheers,

Mike

I have the earlier version of these http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/catalogue/detail/32-second-row/flypage/460-classic-high-back.html?sef=hcfp

the extension kit is mentioned on the page above, but not shown, it raise the seat back & moves it rearwards by approx 2 inches, it does not raise the seat cushion/base, if that is made higher your passengers won't have any decent headroom.

I have the earlier version of these http://www.exmoortri...k.html?sef=hcfp

the extension kit is mentioned on the page above, but not shown, it raise the seat back & moves it rearwards by approx 2 inches, it does not raise the seat cushion/base, if that is made higher your passengers won't have any decent headroom.

Hi Western,

I guess I'm going to have to make something!

I'm not overly worried about the headroom, there is about a foot above anyone but me (I'm 6'10")!

I was thinking about using the space under the seats for storage, has anyone done this?

Ta,

Mike

We've mounted fire extinguishers (one each side) under the rear seat, and also store tent and tarpaulin bits there. But we haven't made up any storage units for under the seat - could be an intersting project.

Cheers.

My Defender was made/assembled in South Africa by AAD (before LR took over and imported all parts). Some parts are different, like the chassis is galvanized and the sound proofing is much better. It also came with a VDO rev-counter which is a waste of time on a 300Tdi. But the best improvement was the rear seat which has the backrest at an angle and quite a bit further back than the UK versions here since 1996. The difference is noticeable if you look in the back window you can see the whole backrest whereas in the UK version the backrest is not visible. There are two plates to move the locking catches further back.

My Defender was made/assembled in South Africa by AAD (before LR took over and imported all parts). Some parts are different, like the chassis is galvanized and the sound proofing is much better. It also came with a VDO rev-counter which is a waste of time on a 300Tdi. But the best improvement was the rear seat which has the backrest at an angle and quite a bit further back than the UK versions here since 1996. The difference is noticeable if you look in the back window you can see the whole backrest whereas in the UK version the backrest is not visible. There are two plates to move the locking catches further back.

I don't suppose you have any photos?