Vibration?????

I have an anoying vibration on my 110 300tdi.

I bought the truck about 4 months ago and it's been doing it since day 1.I was very worried at first because when I picked it up I had a 800 mile trip from Wales to the South of France,where I live.I've since done aproximately 1000 miles and it's got no worse.

It makes a low vibration which can be felt through the steering wheel in 2-3 second pulses(if that makes sense).It only does it under power,ie,no vibration when coasting or in neuteral.

I've checked the wheel bearings,props,CV joints and difs,all apears to be ok.

So......Any ideas guys???

Thanks Marc.

Is the front prop on the right way round, Early props have both propshaft sliders towards the front of the vehicle, later ones have the front prop the other way round, ie with the sliding section at the transfer box end. I had my 200Tdi prop on backwards and got exactly the same symptoms.

Is the front prop on the right way round, Early props have both propshaft sliders towards the front of the vehicle, later ones have the front prop the other way round, ie with the sliding section at the transfer box end. I had my 200Tdi prop on backwards and got exactly the same symptoms.

It's a later one with the slider towards the rear.

Are the uni's in the front prop in or out of phase ?

The uni's must be run out of phase as the diff pinion points up at the t/case. If someone has had the shaft out and reinstalled it with the uni's in phase you'll get vibration.

• 9 months later...

OK,

A final update on this one.....

After replacing just about everything.

I changed the diff for another second hand one.Problem solved.

I have inspected the one I took off and can't see any faults......But,hey ho.

It's right now.:-)))

Thanks for all your input on this one guys.It's much appreciated.

Marc.