discovery battery

twizzle

• 4 weeks later...

curious for this too as Rusty needs a new battery, was thinking of a dry cell battery but it is a bit(ok a lot) dearer but I don't know if it is worth the investment?

Used Optima red top batteries on some heavy plant with good results but have not found them here as yet and they have never heard of them either.

What did you buy in the end? I'm considering replacing my battery as it seems to be getting low/slow (11.6V when cold). However, when I look around I see type 69, type 72, type 75 all claiming to be suitable.

12.6v isn't bad, my voltage on a newish battery is 11.7. cold

69-72 are the same physical size, the 72 has a few more amps. If you only require a battery for starting then something similar to the standard one ie 72 will be ok, but if you have AC then you are restricted on size anyway as the two pipes get in the way.

Performance Batteries have a search facility to find a suitable battery, like most suppliers i suspect.

post-5809-0-26618800-1351691505_thumb.jpg

post-5809-0-27964100-1351691638_thumb.jpg

Thanks... I opted for a Bosch 069 from here. They were doing a 15% discount when I bought it too! While all these things are subjective, the volt meter is reading a little higher (11.9 when cold) and the start is much less laboured.

PS. What car is the battery pictured in? It looks like a Discovery battery bracket etc, but there's no mud and dirt all over the place?! :-)

Thanks... I opted for a Bosch 069 from here. They were doing a 15% discount when I bought it too! While all these things are subjective, the volt meter is reading a little higher (11.9 when cold) and the start is much less laboured.

PS. What car is the battery pictured in? It looks like a Discovery battery bracket etc, but there's no mud and dirt all over the place?! :-)

Mud? I don't do off road, not that interested, just fast road and only at the weekends sometimes :D