CSW Windows - which way up?

Slightly odd question, but on CSW sliding side windows on a 90, which bit is supposed to slide? On mine the front half of the window slides back, the rear half is fixed.

To me, this seems a bit backwards, as the overlap between the two is subject to air pressure, and therefore water can be forced between them. Have they been fitted upside down / back to front at some point in their life?

Thanks

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

yes, it has to be sliding piece outside. if not wind and water gets pushed in when driving forward. unless maybe the previous owner spent more time driving in reverse. Release clips are on the top.

Done correctly, when you open the rear sliding windows and front windows on a 90, the air comes in thru the front and goes out the rear window, not ruffling your feathers.

It's straight forward when you look at the windows closely - the catch has to be at the top so that the drain slots in the exterior of the frame will let water out of the glazing track, and the bottom track is made of rigid plastic so that it doesn't soak up water (expanding and seizing, also growing all sorts of fungi and fauna), and the sliding pane is at the front as it is the outboard pane, and the glass has to overlap that way to revent the airflow from driving forcing draughts and rain water in through the vertical seal between the two panes.. Of course, aftermarket windows can be set up differently, like the sliding windows fitted to my 109 when I bougth it (they had the overlap of the panes the same way, but it was the rear pane that slid).