Shh, don't tell the wife...

Dunc

• 3 weeks later...

Here he is. :D

Few jobs to do; callipers are all seized, power steering doesn't work and rear crossmember needs welding.

Callipers will have new seals and I'll put stainless pistons in whilst I'm at it, power steering I'm hoping is just belt tension because I also have an alternator light on. Rear crossmember is a bit more involved, but I can fold my own repair panel at work and weld it in when the weather improves.

Oh, and the missus loves it! :D :D

IMAG0405.jpg

Nice. Last of the hard dashes? Has it got a 200Tdi?

Yes, and yes.

Why do I see divorce or murder in the future of this forum...

:hysterical::rtfm:

lol, luckily she's nearly as much of a Landy person as me, and she does love her RRCs.

Looks nice.

What colour is it? I can't quite tell from the picture.

Why do I see divorce or murder in the future of this forum...

:hysterical::rtfm:

After all the welding I have done on mine, including the rear cross member, I have been warned "never to have another RR rustbucket!" and "why did you buy it if you knew it was so bad?" Thing is, she has forgotten how nice they really are!

• 2 weeks later...

Very smart. It looks like Ardennes green, and seems to be remarkably rust free. Has it been resprayed or just barely used? My M-reg 300 soft dash is good for its age and mileage (197k), but the bonnet is not as pristine as that. Glad the wife approves - I'm lucky that Helena is similar in being a fan of the marque and likes our RRC enough to let me do a full restoration on it once the 90 arrives. These vehicles deserve to be preserved.

I believe it's Cypress Green, if I understand the paint code correctly.

There's a bit of welding to do, and I know the slow, depressing nature of a Tdi will grate on me from time but on the whole it should be good.

I think its arrival means I'm going to have to sell my Mini though because we just can't have so many ongoing projects! :lol:

Has it been resprayed or just barely used?

Erm, sort of neither! It's had a few dabs from a touch-up pen, as the spots of non-matching paint give away.

As for its use, it spent the vast majority of its life on an estate working as horsebox mover and shooting brake.

Where it's rusty, it really IS rusty, but otherwise it's pretty good.

Hopefully once it's up and running I can keep it on the road for a good few years.

I believe it's Cypress Green, if I understand the paint code correctly.

There's not that much difference between Ardennes and Cypress green - Cypress is slightly lighter and maybe has a little more blue in it. I prefer Ardennes, but I had a Cypress green bonnet on my Ardennes RR for years, and no-one ever noticed. You could just about tell in good light.

There's not that much difference between Ardennes and Cypress green - Cypress is slightly lighter and maybe has a little more blue in it. I prefer Ardennes, but I had a Cypress green bonnet on my Ardennes RR for years, and no-one ever noticed. You could just about tell in good light.

Hmm, not much 'blue' to it Geoff, so maybe you're right and it's Ardennes.

As I said, even with a technically unmatched panel on mine no-one ever noticed, so no way you'd be able to tell which it is from a photo! Neither have much blue to them (and I'm working from memory here, haven't had the truck for several years, so it may just be slightly lighter!). Either way, a nice colour which suits the Range Rover.