Budget axle upgrade for 88"

Thanks mate ;) yeah she is, and what car to drive it is! No newer cars I've driven was comparable over speedbumps and potholes, that indepent suspension on these jags is really top notch. Definitely a piece of history that you guys can be proud of :) and being true to British engineering standards it leaks oil everywhere :D

Haha :D You're so right it hurts! :D Was wondering when somebody would comment it :D I do, however, have an excuse ;)

I made the new exhaust before I got my Krawlers home, and not knowing how much real-estate they'ed require, I put it way back to avoid clearance issues, the plan is then to move it now that the tyres are under there.. But you know how it goes with those things :D So not been around to it yet, but I SWEAR it will be redone :D

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a budget locker for the budget Salisbury!

Have previously been running a Rover rearaxle with a welded diff and freewheeling hubs with great succes! You just run the car with frontwheel drive on the road ;)

So as I have finally found someone willing to swap my 10 spline FWH to some 24 splined units, it's time to weld up the sucker! :P

So basically tore it apart today, took about 35 mins:

post-9137-0-89958500-1362073105_thumb.jpg

Needs to be de-greased, then ready for a hot date with the Migatronic ;)

post-9137-0-17990600-1362073160_thumb.jpg

Why people seem to have trouble taking apart these Salisbury's I cannot fathom, have been able to do it with a crowbar everytime! (but surely I'm just lucky) :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Trying to find a shaft with 80mm of splined section at the hub ed aswell as at doffend is proving difficult. For now ill swap a shaft out maybe the mkII will have a cable Hand brake lever moving shaft need an eye bearing in the case an some kind of selector fork and lightish coil on the drive member same as a clutch fork.

Right o it will work just fine with a £150 shaft however I'm a tight git and want to use std shafts do we have a plan and it looks like I'm machining more bits tomorrow and we should be in for a cheap locker ill put up a separate thread with pis when it all done and stop pinching yours Jai