Parcel delivery brokers - recommendations please?

mickeyw

I've been comparing prices offered by various parcel deliver agents, you know the ones that offer you best prices for different parcel companies.

I'm looking to ship ebay stuff ;)

I've come across many this morning, including My Hermes, U-Ship, Parce-2-Go etc.

Some offer the option for you to drop parcels at a local shop, rather than a delivery office. Plenty seem to be working in this way, but I feel I could do with some reassurance about using such a service. It would be more convenient than waiting at home for a collection at an unknown hour.

Can anyone name companies that they have had good or bad experiences with?

I use interparcel.com, there economy service is ups.

£10.50 ships anything from a bullbar to a diff, and they have 4 collections a day from our industrial estate.

And so far (3 years) they haven't lost anything or caused me any problems whatsoever.

I have not had good experiences with; dhl, Hermes, city link, tnt or wheel carrier.Co.uk

Yep I've used parcel2go loads, and nearly always use citylink on there. Have had a couple of non pickups on the specified day, but for the amount of times I've used them its a fairly small percentage, and they rebook easily too.

I've used ipostparcels.com quite a few times before with good results. They aren't brokers, but are a divison of UK Mail. Their prices are generally pretty good, they pick up from your house and deliver in 48 hours.

Had all sorts of problems with iPostParcels collecting a prop shaft from Somerset to Worcester. Went on for nearly two weeks, they would not collect and blatantly lied about not being allowed to pick up. Two deliveries they did manage had drivers that barely spoke any English! Interpost have been good so far.

I've used many different couriers, but recently i stick to interparcel economy, which is provided by UPS for items where i want a decent service. Never had a single issue with them.

If its cheap and cheerful for low value ebay items i often use myhermes, and i've not had any issues with those either, and its very handy to be able to drop them into my local convenience store rather than wait around all day for the van.

Used to use parcel2go and DHL, but they went right downhill after they were taken over by HDNL and merged into Yodel. Switched to Citylink for a while but had a few failed collections and started to get Mildly miffed off with them, hence switched to Interparcel/UPS.

Just to add a slightly different perspective, I use DPD for stuff that I'm getting sent to me when I can, as they give you a delivery time in a 1 hour gap, and text you to tell you when it will be, and give you the opportunity to change the day etc. reasonable too, always the same driver round here too, which helps.

Thank you gents. Some mixed experiences there, not surprised really, most couriers lose things or slip up from time to time.

My plans to use Myhermes have been scuppered since I read the list of items they won't carry :(