alternator wiring

fitting new DENSO alternator today , can someone give me an idiot guid to which wires and colours go where , seemed to have burnt a little wire on old one before the bearings gave up the ghost !!!

the new one has bolt connections and not spade , it`s an uprated 100 amp for 8274 . many thanks .

my new one has 3 studs and a male connection off one of the studs !!

A pic will help. Its most likely the small brown wire goes on the stud with a terminal and you'll then have a stud marked B+, this runs the charge cable to the starter/battery... You'll need 16mm cable minimum for this new alt.

The rev counter for the W terminal? That's interesting. My counter has been dropping to zero and then back up to wherever it was on a few occasions recently, and then I believe the alternator failed because I was getting 14.4V, then I wasn't, then I was again, and then I got >20v! So, I decided replace it. However, I hadn't thought the rev counter and the alternator issues perhaps being connected?