how to make skinny tyres look good on a disco - this, i like!

ronnie_rotten

I think in truth, they are not that skinny, just quite tall.

My guess is they're 255/85R16 size.

There is a pretty tidy Disco 1 near where I work that wears 285/75R16 BFG ATs on Boost alloys. It has clearly been lifted and has had the arches trimmed a little to clear the tyres.

I drove my old series 3 on the road with dumper tyres once. Note that I only did this ONCE.

NVH is not a valid term to gauge to that experience. The vibrations were far worse than on any tractor engined vehicle I have ever been in.

Any more than 20MPH and I think the poor Landy would have shaken itself to pieces.

Note - I think one or more rims may have been buckled, but even so....

.... Any more than 20MPH and I think the poor Landy would have shaken itself to pieces......

You should have driven faster ;) The vibrations would probably drop once you were over a certain speed .... although as you suggest a few parts of the Landy may also have dropped by then as well!

You should have driven faster ;) The vibrations would probably drop once you were over a certain speed .... although as you suggest a few parts of the Landy may also have dropped by then as well!
Not a lot!

Most are rated to 25 anyway, but I can vouch for the fact that at 40 it sounds like a squadron of Stukas approaching!