Help for Megasquirt????

player

If it is tuning, and still producing black smoke, then I would check your lambda output, or change it for another one.

Is the engine in good condition generally? No smoke etc? As this will affect the tuning process.

If it is tuning, and still producing black smoke, then I would check your lambda output, or change it for another one.

Is the engine in good condition generally? No smoke etc? As this will affect the tuning process.

The lambda is completle new.

the engine was runing well with 14cux.

the required fuel what value it sould be?

16.8 value seems corect to you? for a standar 3.9 rover v8

thank's

REQ_FUEL is just one (base) factor in the equation the MS uses to calculate the injector opening.

It can be almost any number, within reason, because the rest of your settings will be different to compensate.

As a very basic example; if your REQ_FUEL is 20, you might find your VE table entry around idle is 40, but if your REQ_FUEL is 10 the VE value for the same thing might be 80, or maybe 20, depending how the maths works (it's all in the megamanual)

In short - don't get hung up on if your REQ_FUEL is 10, or 20, or 18.5 or 16.7 or whatever.

It is an easy shortcut to make *everything* richer or leaner during very early tuning by changing it, but if you've started with a base setting from Nigel or someone else you should not need to touch it.

On to your second problem - the richness & the lambda sensor.

First off - is your lambda sensor a universal Zirconia type or the original Range Rover Titania one which is incompatible with MS?

Second - if you have been running very rich, it may have coated the lambda sensor in unburnt fuel which stops it from giving a correct reading. It can be cleaned by heating the tip with a blowlamp till it glows cherry red (you can even read the voltage off the sensor while doing this to verify the sensor works & your blowlamp is tuned correctly ;) )

Lambda sensors can also be affected by exhaust leaks, silicone sealant used anywhere on the engine, oil or coolant down the exhaust, being dropped or knocked, and often being wired up incorrectly...

Let us know how you get on. If none of these solve it, post up a data-log along with your MSQ.

REQ_FUEL is just one (base) factor in the equation the MS uses to calculate the injector opening.

It can be almost any number, within reason, because the rest of your settings will be different to compensate.

As a very basic example; if your REQ_FUEL is 20, you might find your VE table entry around idle is 40, but if your REQ_FUEL is 10 the VE value for the same thing might be 80, or maybe 20, depending how the maths works (it's all in the megamanual)

In short - don't get hung up on if your REQ_FUEL is 10, or 20, or 18.5 or 16.7 or whatever.

It is an easy shortcut to make *everything* richer or leaner during very early tuning by changing it, but if you've started with a base setting from Nigel or someone else you should not need to touch it.

On to your second problem - the richness & the lambda sensor.

First off - is your lambda sensor a universal Zirconia type or the original Range Rover Titania one which is incompatible with MS?

Second - if you have been running very rich, it may have coated the lambda sensor in unburnt fuel which stops it from giving a correct reading. It can be cleaned by heating the tip with a blowlamp till it glows cherry red (you can even read the voltage off the sensor while doing this to verify the sensor works & your blowlamp is tuned correctly ;) )

Lambda sensors can also be affected by exhaust leaks, silicone sealant used anywhere on the engine, oil or coolant down the exhaust, being dropped or knocked, and often being wired up incorrectly...

Let us know how you get on. If none of these solve it, post up a data-log along with your MSQ.

Hi my lambda is a techedge linear with it's own cotroller.

the sensor that use is bosch.

here is the link

http://wbo2.com/2c0/default.htm

Thank's Chris

Right, have you correctly connected the TE to the MS and set the appropriate settings?

Widebands have several modes of operation, and MS can be set to use some of them, but if you get it set up wrong it will read wrong in the MS.

On the plus side, once set up you should be able to tune easily with a target AFR map.

Right, have you correctly connected the TE to the MS and set the appropriate settings?

Widebands have several modes of operation, and MS can be set to use some of them, but if you get it set up wrong it will read wrong in the MS.

On the plus side, once set up you should be able to tune easily with a target AFR map.

Hi i don't know how to build a target AFR map.

To be honest i don't know what target AFR means exactly!

By the way..

One of my biggest problem is the firing up, of the engine.
When i try to fire up it takes two or three minutes with result the battery will be always dead....
Until the engine as finally tuned i have to turn on and off the car several times and this symptom is very tiring
for me and for the engine too.
What i have to check to resolve this problem?

thank's

I change the setting to the speed desity and the engine is running very well,
is not running rich any more.
I try the live tuning, ithink it works.
I still have the problem with the fire up on cranking, is very hard to fire up...

Until i was driving the car was died i think without any reason and then was not firing up.
After of a while it was fired up and run without any problem.

I send datalogs and msq
please your opinions