terrafirma shock absorbers

Hi I will soon be investing in a new set of shocks and springs, at the moment I am trending towards standard Monroe shocks and all make standard springs.

However I have started to consider terraffirma but what I would like to ask is do terrafirma do a standard suspension kit say, light load, as the only extra weight would be the basket on top and camping stuff any advice would be appreciated

Terrafirma kit is not worth the trouble. Koni or OME are the best, but costly. Bilstien or Monroe are good.

I believe that terrafirma only do plus 2". If you want standard, but better, I would recommend land rover springs, with Koni dampers, or cheaper option would be land rover springs with Bilstien dampers.

Fit once and forget.

Andy

You can hardly say fit once and forget or he would not be replacing.

I fitted Terrafirma about 2 years ago - springs and shocks and they are still like new - no rust and they perform well but they are 2"+

The rear mounts won't include the nut and large domed washers either side, they tend to rot away. They are 2 off each NRC5603 and NRC5602 , and 2 off 12mm nylocs. If you have to remove the rear chassis attachments to get the old shocks off, you may need up to 3 off 10x110mm (might get away with 100) bolts each side (they do shear when you get enthusiastic).

I've just changed a pair of rear shocks, Monroes for Konis. The Monroes had a steel tube in the centre of the top bush and it had 'bonded' to the mount and the rubber. I managed to rip the shock absorbers off the rubber bushes but had to remove the mounts and put them in a vice where I could cut off the rubber and a get a stilson and torch on it to release the old bushing. Once that was done, they cleaned up well, so yours are very likely rescuable. As landroversforever says you may not like what you see underneath though.