R R Classic to LPG thank you for the ANSWERS .

coachman

:unsure: Thank you one and all for your replies to my question ,I am now TOTALLY BEWILDERED . I contacted Tinley Tech and was hopefull :unsure: of a result untill they told me they do not install but could `recommend` someone .

To add to my misgivings I today had the occasion to remove an old LPG `gas ring` as you all call it from a RR .I was again astounded at the potential work involved in the fitting of a `multi `system .There is so much to do .

Really gentlemen and ladies ,which would be the most thorough `type` to have ,Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this ,Coachman .

Although an LPG injection system is nice, a properly set-up single-point venturi will work quite well too. And it's a lot less work on the engine side (you still need to fit the tank, pipes, vapourizer etc offcourse). I've had both in P38a's, injection is far less prone to backfiring, but vacuum-controlled venturi is much easier to tune.

Agree with what Escape says ^^^

I've been running my Ninety on LPG for 13 years now, also converted my RRC when I bought that.

Both are venturi systems, and I have no complaints. Both systems were fitted by myself and have been inspected.

It takes a bit of time, but is all pretty easy.

Have you been to www.lpgforum.co.uk for advise or installer recommendations?

I run a 1998 Discovery on a single point system and have done for 70k+ miles. It's been fine and has served me well.

I've just converted my RRC to a multi-point Bigas system, this gives a superior drive but the main reason for fitting it was to compliment the other engine upgrades I had already done. If it had been a standard engine I would have seriously considered a single point for the simplicity.

A third option is a BLOS type inlet, these are apparently very good and don't suffer from the same restriction issues the venturi draw through place upon the inlet.

Hi done about 90k with two 3.9 range rover classics. Both had gas rings and both fitted by me.

They where simple to set up and reliable, loads of fork trucks can,t be wrong.

One I wired up so the engine ECU was switched of so back to a nice simple car that didnt mind getting wet .

Now run diesels on bio much cheaper and no electronics to go wrong at a drop of a hat.

RRC 3.5 EFi auto, flapper AFM. On gas now for over 12 years.

Started off with a gas ring then changed to a BLOS.

The BLOS is much better, instantly cured an occasional tendency to stall in low speed manouvering, better throttle response & improved mpg slightly.