Innovate fitted now what

mikec

^^

I agre Sam,

However with this sort of thing Problems need time, care, absolute 100% certainty its ticked as OK before moving on to the next itme

and method and systematicly working through, jumping about here there and everywhere normally just ends up with problem not sorted and

teeth grinding + higher blood pressure.

1 step at a time Mike, but do NOT rush, or "THINK anything is "OK" ....check check again trust NOTHING

Nige

Saw this :

[img=http://forums.lr4x4.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] null-8.jpg

This is a hole directly into the trumpet area.

Just what are these biungs you have on this and the PWM exit re of plenum and port onto plenum ?

They need to be airtight not "Near enough" air will find a way in

A hose + Bolt up the hole + 2 x jubilee clips is a far better solution.

If there is ANY doubt that you may have an air leak, any possiblities have to be double sure that they are OK.

Check all pipes for splits cracks etc, only way is to remove and study carefully, inc the tubes on the rear of the plenum

Also

Place engine at TDC on the crank wheel indicator, then take a picture of the trigger wheel and VR sensor positioning and post up

N

Those are silicon pipe caps/ends whatever there called. Ill check them out tonight, check there air tight and shove jubilees on them.

Also take a pic of trigger wheel too.

Ill try the hosepipe test too, presumably any pipe will do.

Or you could just vent rockers to air, disocnnect and plug the breather connection to plenum and plug it, if still doing it then keep looking.

Is that silicon sealant on the rocker covers? If so... get some rubber rocker gaskets and fit dry, with no wires pinching this time ;)

Or you could just vent rockers to air, disocnnect and plug the breather connection to plenum and plug it, if still doing it then keep looking.

Is that silicon sealant on the rocker covers? If so... get some rubber rocker gaskets and fit dry, with no wires pinching this time ;)

The silicon was just to try and hold it on the cover, the old covers weren't siliconed so that's not the problem. They are the rubber type gaskets

Here we are:

Nice one cheers Sam, so we can definitely say now that this is hopefully the problem. Ok I'm happy that I know now. So hopefully get some enthusiasm back tonight!

Thinking about it if your engine does that, mine must have a leak somewhere in the crankcase? Or rocker cover etc. as mines drawing enough air through the rocker breather to run on?

Yeah mate I'd say so.

You can hear the hissing in the vid on mine and it sounded like front valley seal. There is oil soak around there also which would confirm that.

Wherever your crankcase leak is, it's a big enough one to run on.

I would work on the compressed air idea to find your leak :)

Thinking on, I dabble with DJing now and then and I have some smoke machines.

We could pump your engine full of smoke and see where it leaks out, if the air method doesn't work.

I'd thought similar with a smoke bomb for testing fire flues but you have to light them first!

My breathers don't go to the inlet or plenum. Those ports are blocked. Too many rolls where you fill your inlet with oil.

G

Ok maybe if I blank off that pipe from breather to plenum and check it, itll confirm its crankcase side rather than the plenum etc?

Nige, on a different topic. The 4.6 you sent me didn't run very nice. But i think you said it was a tweaked one from a "naughty" engine.

I've reverted to another one and it seems ok. Only done an hours use to test fuel consumption LOL (8 litres / hour).

G

Just spent a quick five minutes on it, all those bungs are now jubilee clipped. Tried the hose trick, and I'm fairly sure the inlet manifold and around some of the bolts have a change of note in them. I'm not gonna get a gasket tonight so ill try and do them up a bit more and see what happens. Least I've got something fairly positive to go at. Fingers crossed!

That's with marker at tdc.

Tried tightening the inlet bolts up seems to have made a difference it now stops with hand over inlet. There's still a leak there I think, so will have to put a new gasket on and see.

Just gonna get it warm and see what's happening with everything connected....

Jolly good. Taken it for a drive?

Not yet. Warmed it up and it's still hunting about 770-920 ish. But just hoping a new gasket might sort it. Not driven it yet but the flatspot is still there. Gonna put it together and see what it drives like.

Checked the tdc marker when it was in bits, from what I've read they can be a way out but this one was bob on!

Ok just had a quick drive, no different to drive still kangoorooimg.

So I decided to put in the old msq, the one I posted up here. It's far better to drive. Although it doesn't pick up off the throttle perfectly it doesn't start kangorooing. Ill fit a new gasket tomos. And not use any rtv and see how that goes! I'm away in it at the weekend so hopefully that sorts it