Tubular Winch bumper

Hi I am after a Winch bumper for my 90. I originally wanted a rebel one as they sit high and look good but they cannot supply me with one and don't know when they will have any.

So I am looking at the Terrafirma ones but can't find a picture of the back of it to see if the winch is mounted above the chassis rails like on the rebel one.

Has anyone got one of these bumper that they could take a pic or let me know. Or if you know of a different make on bumper that allows the winch to sit high then please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Baz

I have a First Four tubular winch bumoper and would definately rate it well.

it fits great and looks good the winch sits ontop like you want

i got the aircon version as this meant i didnt have to cut my grill to fit the winch (i dont have aircon!)

I have a First Four tubular winch bumoper and would definately rate it well.

it fits great and looks good the winch sits ontop like you want

i got the aircon version as this meant i didnt have to cut my grill to fit the winch (i dont have aircon!)

I also have a first Four one and its a great bit of kit. Mine is the close mount one so the winch sits back into the grille about ~3" and sits level with the top of the chassis.

Thanks for the reply guys a couple of questions.

Hi with you bumper the Aircon one does it stick out a far or is the winch close to the grill.

With the cut down one can you still fit a full size intercooler in or it is too close.

I'm in the process of ordering a full size intercooler... BUT it won't fit without moving the mounts. The Allisport one I'm getting fills the whole area of the grille, so I am moving the rad and IC back about 3-4" to fit it in.

They do a double core IC to fit in the standard space for those with a winch into the grille.

i got one from flat fog 4x4 from billing last year, looks similar to the first four and sits back in to the grill about the same as the first four challenge bumper, the difference look wise is it does not have the diagonal pieces on the top that go to the a-bar i paid 250 for it delivered as it was too big for me to bring home at the time. cant find it on their website now though.

pic is bumper off the landy can get close ups if you need them

post-39240-0-58456400-1369344871_thumb.jpg

Ross, When I ordered my winch bumper-for a Milemarker, I ordered it for a L/R with aircon as that would give me the extra room for a full width I/C and I got mine from Alfred murray 4X4 who have had they're supplies bought out by First Four at Dunkeswell-Devon, Which are very nice people to deal with.

John

Ross, When I ordered my winch bumper-for a Milemarker, I ordered it for a L/R with aircon as that would give me the extra room for a full width I/C and I got mine from Alfred murray 4X4 who have had they're supplies bought out by First Four at Dunkeswell-Devon, Which are very nice people to deal with.

John

Already have the bumper thanks John :). Having a 200tdi without the viscous, I have loads of room to move the rad and intercooler back to get the best of both worlds :D

Already have the bumper thanks John :). Having a 200tdi without the viscous, I have loads of room to move the rad and intercooler back to get the best of both worlds :D

Until you find the steering box in the way :)

Until you find the steering box in the way :)

Funny you should say that Mo... Put it this way when that thought struck me whilst removing the radiator I'm glad non of my neighbours children were about. They would have learnt some anglo saxon!

However, I have all the measurements so time to see if it will still fit!

Does anyone know how much longer the aircon bumper would stick out. I don't have Aircon but do have a full size intercooler and don't want the hassle of moving everything back. So looking at an Aircon bumper seem the only way but I don't want it hanging out the front too far.

Baz

I have a non-aircon FirstFour tubular winch bumper and a 10000lb winch and it looks very tidy.

I also fitted a full size intercooler recently and it just fits in without moving anything (there's about 2mm clearance :)

So depends on the winch too I suppose as some might be abit bulkier than others but would be very easy to move you the bumper a tiny little bit or move the winch an inch or so to get the clearance if needed.

I don't like the air-con ones to be honest as the winch sticks out very far. My winch isn't even noticeable to some people as they remark on it having it only looking at it closely... Although, there's quite alot of other gear on the 110 to distract them too of course :D

Baz...

My winch is off the truck at the moment so can't measure for you just now...

You're not too far away.. If you are down in the Royston area it wouldn't take long to whip your bumper off and offer up my winch bumper to see how it looks etc.

Drop me a PM if you want to play....

Not sure if this helps....

post-1475-0-74958400-1369949569_thumb.jpg

post-1475-0-10560000-1369949615_thumb.jpg

Neil

Comparing that to mine below which is pretty much the best pic to show how far it sticks out, it looks like there isn't any difference in how far the actual fairlead sticks out but it's just that the tray underneath and rock guard is just a few inches further forward

67010_10152600810735608_1753003366_n.jpg

Not that much anyway really as looks like most of the room for the air-con rad is got by just shifting the winch further forward in the bumper and shotening the tubes to allow the motor fit further forward. The fairlead is pretty much right up against the drum on yours whereas its a good 4 or 5 inches back from mine. I could only move the winch forward about an inch then before the motor hits the full length bumper bars