Leaking oil

Get back to the 90 after work to find a nice oil patch underneath, drove home left it for 45 mins and another nice patch!

Can't see where it's coming from but there's oil sat on top of the diff in the grove.

Any pointers where I can start for tomorrow's adventure covered in the black stuff

I'm assuming front diff? As there's not really anything that can leak oil above the rear one. Most likely engine oil or perhaps PAS fluid. Checked the levels on either recently?

Put a bit of card/paper over the diff and see what collects and what colour/type of oil it is.

Could be. Or from the front crank seal and dribbling out of the hole in the bottom of the timing chest.

Or from one of many other places higher up then running down the side of the engine. I had a leak on my 200Tdi for years that I thought was the sump but turned out to be the rocker cover half-moon gasket at the rear.

I'd also check if your dipstick is firmly in place-i.e.: all the way home as this will leak oil if not fully fitted and may have dribbled down the block and then onto the diff/axle

John

i would be looking at the oil filter make sure its tight

If it's a 300 Tdi, then this is almost certainly the source. There is a slim chance that the gasket between filter housing and block has failed, and a fair possibility that the oil cooler hoses have loose joints, but a loose oil filter is the first thing to look at.

Thanks for all your input, pulled up at my garage and got my ramps out and oil already on the floor!

Cleaned everything off and can't see where it's coming from????

Sump bolts are loose so took that off and re sealed all of that, but to me it's coming from the oil filter side because of the oil on the front diff, it is a 300tdi

Oil filter is tight- so going to put oil back in lay underneath and start her up and hopefully she will show me where it's coming from

Update, I really would rather not say what the problem was in the end lol

What a t#%t!

After taking off clean and re placing everything oil like it was a desial leak!

All I'll say is my engine is nice and clean!

And I really shouldn't own a landrover!

Thanks for the help guys

Jim