Diffs 10 and 24 spline. What's got what?

3.54 10 spline,

RRC up to 1994 ish,

Defender up to 300Tdi, ish

Disco upto 300tdi ish

Where abouts are you I may have a couple kicking about if you fancy £45 plus your old one I have alot of series diffs but running low on 3.54:1s I'm sure I have a couple tho. J

Actually you can only tell between 10 and 24 spline by pulling a half shaft . Don't forget there are metric and imperial 10 spline shafts most range rover and early disco are imperial though the diffs are inter changeable. The metric shafts have a much flatter head.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, most 200Tdi and earlier Defenders used 10 splines, as did the 200 Tdi Discoverys and era of RRCs. They should be identifiable by the hub drive flanges - if the Defender hub is the thick type with the longer plastic cone, or Discovery/RRC hub is the domed single piece hub/shaft with no plastic cone, then it's an early unit, 300 Tdis and later have thin drive flanges on the front with the short cones and on RRC/ Discovery and 90 a flattish integrated flange/shaft with no cone or the same thin flange and small cone on a 110 (but their rear diff will be incompatible anyway). That's my understanding, and bears up with the vehicles I and my friends have, anyway.