Terrafirma shocks Pro sport ?????

There must be others out there who have dun a chassis change and fitted the Terafirma medium 2"+ kit the polly bush kit was Flo flex one I have just mesured the gap between the bottom of the bump stop and me axle its four and a half inches...When I think it went as I nearly lost control and di not feel right after.... I was doing a hard right hand corner and its the passanger side that went .....so that would be pulling it up not compressing it down (I think lol)

What I would do, is remove bump stops, remove shock from axle end, fully compress it and wrap it with wire to keep it closed, then drop the chassis onto the axle, then see if the shock still fits between it's two mounts.

That's a starter anyways :)

One question, have you got polybushes in the shocks?

Just a thought from a novice here...........do your trailing arms need to be adjusted for that extra lift???? it may be putting extra stress on your shocks???

Oh and BTW, I know what you mean about the "colour" thing..........I got my axles galvied to go with my chassis...........think I need to get out more too!!!

No the shocks have the standard bushes in as the holes are smaller than the land rover standard shocks so the polly bushes wouldnt fit them. Bloody thing when there working it drives GREAT

Yes I've seen the galvo axles unfortnatly after I had all mine dun else I prob would have had the same.

I think Tanuki's response was the best so far. A shock absorber has a similar construction to a hydraulic ram (give or take) but look at the cost of even a cheap ram and I think it gives an idea what a shock SHOULD cost. However, the design and cost has been wittled down to something you can buy for £10 - and to me it's no surprise that they don't provide good damping and don't last very long!

A good shock absorber will not only last longer, but it will give you more traction (as it keeps the wheels on the ground for more of the time) and better handling. I personally like Fox Shox as they are adjustable and rebuildable. They are the longest lasting shocks I've ever had! On the front, I run OME which are pretty good - but wanted more travel on the back than they could offer. The Fox 14" gas shocks have been great!

Si