Tunning my RR 3.9 V8

csimoes

On the spark front, you haven't raised the low RPM areas enough, and have raised the higher RPMs too much :)

According to the graph you shouldn't be adding anything to the advance above 4K, though you have, although not much.

I think the last one is closest, but still needs more lower down and less higher up, albeit only by a couple of degrees.

Great!!!!!

thank's in advance Nige.

and thank you to bowie69

yesterday went to check the timing.... it was off by a full teeth........ :ph34r:

leaft it at the shop for the mecanic to get it right... the second time....

this time i gave him a print out of Fridefreezer engine pic, let's hope e gets it right this time :glare:

OK

I have only tinkered a bit with LPG for a mate. He has a 3.9 std V8, here are the .vex Import table and a JPEG Picture of the Table I last did any work on

This was Version 6, seemed to be a close performance to Petrol, had this as his LPG map. We haven't done anything to it since.

Would be useful to have more Info on LPG here for others, so I'll kick off with my (Limited) efforts.

By all means rip it apart if there are errors, as I said this was me tinkering and very much learning seat of pants stylee !!

LPG_3.9_Prototype_6.vex

post-22-0-30290100-1383646968_thumb.jpg

To load .vex file :

Save save to say desktop

open Megatune

Tuning / Spark Table (select which one you wnat it to load into)

Import Tbale (select Vex file)

Job Done

:)

Let the slating of me LPG efforts begin :rofl:

Nige

That doesn't look too bad at all to me Nige, only thing I did do was work out the cruise points on the map and jump them up a bit, just to help economy a bit, and seemed to work.

If you wanted to be really accurate you should be able to modify your petrol table mathemagically based on the revised advance curve from the linked information above....

when i open TS a get this warning

i've tried to find where it comes from but can't find it

any ideas?

1 Warnings:
Warning: MSQ Units Mismatch for RPM4S! 10000RPM/Sec or 70%Slip found in current configuration, 10000RPM/Sec or 70%Slip found in MSQ, values were not converted to new units.

finally started tuning with TS.

after an initial run of around 20 minutes on easy, it allready change a bit :)

there's one thing that i don't know how to interprete.

when i take the foot of the loud pedal (what's the word for this situation, over run?!?!? deceletatrion?!?!) the car starts to pop pop pop a lot

what is the reason for this pop's?

maybe it's a stupid question but please be patient :)

the poping situation is under control :)

did one 15 minutes run on easy and then one 45 minutes run on normal and the car is runing great so far :)

but i didn't get the upper/right part of the VE table. today went for another run on normal to try and get to that area.

well... after 30 minutes of going up and down a 2.5 miles hill to really get to those hight rpm/Kpa i got this final Ve table, but i don't get how it went so rich?!?! i don't have a turbo...

how can i tune that area without getting this strange numbers?

inical VE (nige's)

post-67650-0-58374400-1384106906_thumb.jpg

after the 15+40 and on the right the final one of today

post-67650-0-84443500-1384106965_thumb.jpg

i'm using this AFR table on Tunerstudio

post-67650-0-58530100-1384107051_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

little update

installed a innovate LC2 to see if can tune it a little better and easier.

followed the installation instructions and changed the MS for wideband at project properties, and set the ego switch point for 2.45V

is there something else to do?

update

after a 50 minuts run on normal a got a much leaner map than i had, and could get "normal" numbers at higher rpm and MAP

i used tune live and got one map but i recorded the run to

using the MLV with the same paremeters i got a different map, a bit more leaner in most cells.

now what map should i trust?

with MLV

post-67650-0-24823500-1385821794_thumb.jpg

with tune live

post-67650-0-38007200-1385821824_thumb.jpg

AFR Tables ?

Also is your truck geared spot on ? as this wioll affect fuelling hugely ?

Whats the G Box T Box ratio / CW&P and tyres sizes ?

WB will retune FASTEr than NB, but often they will tune close if the parameters are matching, however you can tune a tuned engine and cells will still change a bit here and there.

Clues maybe is which MSQ "Feels" better and why, does either run the engine hotter etc ?

Interssting stuff non the less and congrats for keeping going after the install !! many just go "Yup thats lovely and fine ta muchly" :lol:

Nige

afr table used it's this

post-67650-0-58530100-1384107051_thumb.jpg
my setup is LT77/BorgWarner with 4.12 R&P and 285/75r16
the differences are minimal, don't think i'll be able to notice anything but just think it's strange that they exist.
if tune live gives 77 MLV gives 76.
being that tune live is allways richer.
since i've installed it it's been my toy :)
another thing i notice was that on the first runs i had the snorkel connected and couldn't get to high MAP at high RPM
this last runs, with it disconnected the only cells i couldnĀ“t reach were the top/right 4 cells at 97kpa and above :)