Diff studs

Nigelw

A long time ago now I swapped out the old 10 spline for 24, now I am ever closer to getting this thing on the road to a safety test I have to sort out one or two lingering problems I had forgotten about.

Whilst laying under it welding I just happened to glance at the back of the front diff, and noticed the nuts to have thread showing inside them, initial panic subsiding and remembering that the studs were too short but needing to be mobile again so it could be put back outside it had to be put back together and I kind of forgot until tonight.

Now, how do they fit? Can I replace them easily with longer ones? Can I even get new ones to replace them with?

Got my diff studs the long ones are part No. 561196 and I got 6, need 4 but thought it good to buy spares just in case and 12 new nylon nuts sum cost of buying genuine studs and nuts 30!!! Not cheap but better safe than sorry when I pull it all apart again!