Which temperature sender?

Hi guys,

I have a 1984 defender with a Disco 200Tdi conversion.

Its currently fitted with some gaudy digital, bright red, blingy LCD after market affair that id like to get rid of and fit a standard defender gauge that i have.

The current gauge has its own sender and wiring that don't work with the standard gauge, so i need to buy the correct sender..... But which one?

Just had a thought as i type this, I piked up said gauge at the Peter borough show and the sticker that had the part number on is gone. are all Defender temp gauges the same?

Any advice greatly received.

Joe

i would imagine that a defender 200tdi temp gauge and sender would work fine as its still a 200tdi except that i think you need an adaptor for the sender to screw into the engine IIRC

also you may need to put a resistor in the cable between the sender and the gauge, someone else should be able to advise about this bit though

I should have asked that myself :unsure: ............. my link above is for Oil Temp. Discovery 200TDi you can use coolant temp sender PRC2505

Previous topic on here regarding Temp guages which may be usefull

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=49506

that link above is my info, it's for any 200tdi engine for OIL temp & pressure senders.

for a Discovery engine coolant temp use either PRC2505 or PRC6663, the defender unit PRC8593 will not fit.

Thanks guys,

Looks like im gonna have to get an after market gauge and sender ans i do not know what model the gauge that i have is!

Its never been fitted but has no part number.

Anyone got any experience with Durite temperature gauges? i have one of their volt meters so might well consider go with a matching temp gauge.