110 def fire engine

treebloke

Is the impeller turning? If so then it will pump is flooded with water. However it needs to be flooded with a clear suction line from the tank. I the pipe rubber lined and coming off/closing the flow? Valves open (handles or balls in the valves on the wrong way will make them 'look' open when closed. Make sure the tank is full and check you have water at the suction of the pump. Then try again. However don't run it dry to mutch as the wear rings may pick up.

Adrian

is the water pick up in the tank clear & connected ?

yes

Is it a self priming pump?

I am afraid I don't know the difference but I would assume it is

Is the impeller turning? If so then it will pump is flooded with water. However it needs to be flooded with a clear suction line from the tank. I the pipe rubber lined and coming off/closing the flow? Valves open (handles or balls in the valves on the wrong way will make them 'look' open when closed. Make sure the tank is full and check you have water at the suction of the pump. Then try again. However don't run it dry to mutch as the wear rings may pick up.

Adrian

The impeller turns, valves are open, water is at the impeller but it will not pump it out, it dribbles out. I took the cover off the impeller thinking I would find some thing wrong but it all seems fine in there.

A self priming pump will literally start pumping as soon as there's water at the suction hose, whereas a pump that isn't either needs the pump to be lower than the water source so that it fills with water naturally, or you need to fill the pump case manually just before you start the pump. I'm afraid I don't know whether its self priming or not.

IIRC the godiva was a developement of the coventry climax , and will need priming , and it doesnt take much air leak on the suction hoses to loose the prime . Pumping using the onboard tank should be pretty straight forward , just check that you dont have a leak on the inlet side , and prime well and of you go . HTSH

IIRC the godiva was a developement of the coventry climax , and will need priming , and it doesnt take much air leak on the suction hoses to loose the prime . Pumping using the onboard tank should be pretty straight forward , just check that you dont have a leak on the inlet side , and prime well and of you go . HTSH

with water in the on board tank, the valves open and pump pto in gear you can actually hear the water swishing around the impellor, it just doesn't seem to pick up suction. I will take another look to see if theres anyway to prime it manually?

Is the water tank above pump outlet level? if it is with the tanks full, the supply valve open and the tank should gravity feed thro the pump when the branch valve is opened even with the pump not turning as its a centrifugal pump not a displacement pump.

Do the branch valves actually open when the handles are turned to open?