Hi all new to all this but need some help please

youngy

Hello all

Right I'm new here , i bought my project some 8 months ago not running good no lights not much working to be far, after some time i worked on the wiring and the engine and got most things working not to bad for a bricky :i-m_so_happy:

I found out about megasquirt looking around the net and decided this was the way to go , I then got hold of Nigel who slowly convinced me this was the way to go :blink:

OK ripped all the old out and fitted it , some long nights and many moments of ( I CARNT DO THIS ) :rtfm: But little by little its done

Now for the big one will it run :wacko: FIRST TIME RUNNER :i-m_so_happy:

Tickover not bad , seemed abit flat but not bad then i had a misfire witch got worse , Ordered new HT leads from Nige and all was well , so taped up the loom put everything back and fired it up again , My tick over now is shocking but runs well over 2000rpm I've disconnected the PWM and I've got tick over a little better , I've also calibrated TPS but don't seem to be able to save this to ECU :blush:

I don't like to pester Nigel he's been great , it seem like I'm not running on all 8 when it drops below 1500rpm its all over the place but get it up to 2000 and above its running good :unsure:

DONT NO HOW TO DO THE SOFTWARE THING , DONT NO WERE TO START , Ive read through stuff here but i just don't no

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP AND PLEASE , I LAY BRICKS FOR A LIVING GO EASY ON ME :rofl: COMPUTERS ARE NOT MY THING

MANY MANY THANKS

On MS1 the TPS calibration does not get saved to the ECU, its a value that is used by Megatune or MS Studio.

REALLY?

I was under the impression it was used for determining when the engine was at idle, and used to calculate acceleration enrichment..... things that are definitely live event and would be needed by the ECU when the engine is running.

I would check the documentation on that if I were you :)

OK TPS to one side what do i do next I'm using the base map I've not changed anything but heres the thing its a 3.5 block with a 3.9 top on it ( so I'm told )

Nige if you see this

did you send me 2 maps to try there 2 other files on the cd i got but don't no what they are HELP :blush:

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS ANYWAY

Ian :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Megasquirt and computers are beyond me too, but if you have a misfire that you cant quite get to the bottom of, have a look at the camshaft and see if a couple of the lobes have worn down................normally at the back end of the engine.

If this is so, you will never get it to run quite right.

Rule #1 of Megasquirt: It cannot fix mechanical problems.

I'm sure Nige would back this up - the vast number of installs where there are issues from "first start" it's down to vacuum leaks, plumbing problems, incorrect wiring, etc. etc.

If it starts & runs with the default settings as supplied by Nige, it should be basically sweet. If it's not, double triple quadruple check your working before fiddling with the settings!

At least you haven't left a tankfull of diesel in it as one chap did!