Early V8 Oil Filter Adaptor

While looking at Youtube videos on the Rover V8 I came across a video where a guy is putting an early Rover V8 into a MGB. While talking about the timing cover he talks about a swivel type oil filter adaptor - he indicates that they were on the old Buick V8 but the one he has is on a Rover V8.

Has anyone used these and any ideas where I might get one.

Thanks

Garry

The vid has been edited to just the relevant section

th_OilFilter_Trimmed_zpsec8c68b2.jpg

Hi,

In all my time of looking for alternative adaptors I have never seen one like that. Personally I would not trust the double spin on bits as it seems over complicated. Are you trying to overcome a filter space issue? If so remote filter heads are available. There are are bolt on pump heads made for MGs that are very good but cost about £120 for the adaptor alone then you need the remote head.

If you already know about this stuff then sorry to repeat it!

Marc

I've never seen that part either, but given how hoses have improved over time, I can see how that would have been the only sensible way to go.

The remote for mine didn't seem bad to buy at the time? You need the 'sandwich plate' and cap rather than the 'take off plate', as that is still over £100, but does include a new relief valve. I see Daemon Tweeks have a screw on cap thing under £30. That has to be a standard world wide part?

Filter heads seem a dear in there? I'm sure you can find cheaper, but as the seal is on the filter, you are only a flat plate and some standard BSP fittings away from making one? (and maybe a tap)

Yep you can still get them .................... I fitted one on a kit car about 6 moths ago.

They are available from D&D Frabrications in the states ..............

D&D can be found here http://www.aluminumv8.com/ and you need to navigate to the MGB V8 or engine component pages ............ there is some cool stuff on there but it has to be one of the worolds worst web sites for colour and layout !

These adaptors are ofetn used on MGB V8's ............. take a look at the engine spec on this ... http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MikeAlexander2.htm

They were very common in the USA at one time. Dont know about now though. I have seen them fitted to Ford and Chevrolet engines..................

Try Real Steel at Uxbridge, but remember the early Rover V8 had a bigger oil filter thread which was changed to the current size in 1976.............