Replacing fuel cut off solenoid, which make?

1991 2.5 nad, used to stop as soon as the ignition key turned to off.

Its now hesitating for a second or so before the engine stops. I’m looking at replacing the fuel cut off solenoid BAU4611L but Jeezus what a difference in price. Brit, allmake, bearmach at around £10 and then a genuine LR one at £130 ! I’m all for using genuine bits but that is some difference. Found Craddock selling a Delphi BAU4611LG for £32 which is a bit more like it. Any advice or preferences ?

I have had the same trouble with mine, I took it out and stretched the spring a bit then put it back and it worked fine. Stay clear of cheap ones I tried one and it was useless.

Hope that helps Chris.

Haven’t taken it out for a look yet, rather wet at the moment!! I’ll try your trick first and then go for the Delphi if needed, unless someone warns me off.

Paddy

I have got a Brand new genuine Lucas CAV one you can have for £20

Their part number for it is 9009-049.

I do not know how to add a photo of it to this forum, but if you send me a PM with your emaill address, I will send it to you

I have used durite stop solenoids before. They are good quality and a reasonable price. Check at your local durite dealer to see if they can cross reference it.

Yep. I have always found Durite stuff to be excellent quality. Its just a shame that they stopped doing most parts for alternators and starters a few years ago.

Paddy

I have got a Brand new genuine Lucas CAV one you can have for £20

Their part number for it is 9009-049.

I do not know how to add a photo of it to this forum, but if you send me a PM with your emaill address, I will send it to you

Thanks, PM'd

• 2 weeks later...