OK I won't be in a Land Rover but at least I'm getting out&#33

As many of you know the last year has not exactly been fantastic for me, and can best be described interesting!

One of the more positive points was meeting my new partner Kathryn, we share a lot of common interests and sense of adventure.

In a couple of days time we will be heading off to Cape Town for three weeks of a well deserved break, Kathryn is from that neck of the woods and her father, aunts and uncles still live there along with a load of her friends, however as they seem to be spread along the coast we thought a road trip was in order.

Clearly I would have loved to take the 110 but the costs just didn't stack up, and it wouldn't fit in the overhead so the hand luggage option was out. But looking around I found that hiring what we needed for just over a week came in at just over £500 including the full insurance package!

http://www.britz.co.za/3?jpid=1286

OK I know it's a Toyota, but it should be fun, we are going to drive along the garden route to Port Elizabeth and then back via some game parks and vineyards! I will post some photos along the way, but just wondered if there is anywhere we simply 'must see' or 'must do' on our little trip?

Cheers, Jason.

Go to the okovana (??? spelling) delta in Botswanna - if you dont you will end up hating yourself for a lifetime, it's just over the SA border and the wildlife is out of this world, far better than in a reserve but mind your camping, lions are NOT afraid of fire !!!!

Go to the okovana (??? spelling) delta in Botswanna - if you dont you will end up hating yourself for a lifetime, it's just over the SA border and the wildlife is out of this world, far better than in a reserve but mind your camping, lions are NOT afraid of fire !!!!

I can't fault that advice. Also if you have time go to Chobe in Botswana. You'll see plenty elephants....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys, Mike sorry I didn't get round to calling you things got a bit hectic before we went..

We had a great week in the truck but unfortunately due to the lack of a PC I can't really post any photos yet.

I'm home next week so will do a write up and also sort out the photos from the go pro etc.

The off roading was a great mix of things and challenging in some areas, but I was most impressed with the camping and the costs of stuff from National Luna, Howling Moon and Front runner talk about rip off Britain I have made contacts and am planning an import project of some new kit although we have an extra suitcase of bits already!

Jason

post-15513-0-04764400-1397747656_thumb.jpg

The off roading was a great mix of things and challenging in some areas, but I was most impressed with the camping and the costs of stuff from National Luna, Howling Moon and Front runner talk about rip off Britain

Jason

No problem Jason.

I see you've had a good time. Good.

When are you going back to return the sand on your boots.

Yep Rip Off Britain