Rear PTO questions... Just thinking...!

Hi Guys,

Are rear PTO"s a thing of the past for either my 110 1998 TD5 or my 2012 110... ?

When they were in use on the old series, what kind of power output did they have and rpm's..?

As I notice the hole in the rear cross members is still present..

Cheers,

db.

Anything is possible with the right amount of money and time.

I don't know of anything on the market that will do it out of the box, you could maybe get a superwinch drop box modified to send the shafts backwards instead of forwards, from memory the shaft would have to hang below the chassis due to cross members and the fuel tank.

Thanks for your replies Guys, I would run more than a topper if I had a PTO so just buying a driven topper isn't really the answer. Thanks though..

LT230 do I have one of these in either of my 110's....? (sorry!)

I had a look under the rear of my neighbours series this morning, hole in the rear cross member and a view straight through another hole in the chassis to the back of a gearbox...

More to ponder on..

db.

Lt230 is the transfer box and yes it's the one fitted to all 90/110/130's. Your biggest problem will be getting a shaft through as it can't be straight and your fuel tank is in the way. Both not a major problem you could fit a 90 under seat tank though the filler may need work or a custom with a hole/channel through. The shaft will need some uj's and support bearings to "bend" it round things.

Mike

Here in Colombia a man have a really big tow trailer acoppled throug PTO. He needs the trailer to have some traction in specifics parts of the terrain. It's installed in a Series, not a Defender, however it proves that with time and effort you can have wathever you want. All parts were made custom for this. Series PTO was supposed to take a top of 20% of the available torque.....

What exactly do you want to do? A 110 is not the most manoeuvrable of tractors... Also every time you put the clutch in your PTO stops and iirc the TDI agrover was rated at about 45HP.

It's a nice idea but I think there's better solutions.

Will.