Sincere appologies for this.

Nigelw

I have a problem that I am both embarassed and annoyed about, namely, I have a Citroen Dyane6 in my workshop for a bit of a fettle, problem being, had an offer of help from a guy who knows them well and he stripped out the points for me but now has kind of left me in the lurch with it.

Can anyone shed some light on refitting and setting the points on a Citroen 2CV/Dyane 602cc flat twin? Really stumped with this as there is no conventional dizzy and the points run off a cammed spiggot out the front of the crank case.

Will try and post some pictures.

Thanks Ralph, that just comes back as "domain expired", was hunting for a haynes but techy terms in Dutch and French are not my strong point :blink: Looked for an English one but nothing seems to be available, or my "google" skills are as good as my citroen engine knowledge :(

AMB, thanks for those little gems, have saved them for now as they have everything I need in PDF :D

Keep watching for more help as I get to know this thing intimately :(

:popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic

John, could you imagine a Disco with a 2CV engine in it :o It is so small I could probably put 3 of them under the bonnet of the Disco :hysterical:

Mr Ian, there appears to be double cam lobes on the stub shaft thing for the points and a double ended coil, so I assuume the wasted spark comes from the single coil firing both cylinders symaltaniously??? How do you know so much? Coming out the closet now then ;) LOL only kidding.

Just killing my grey cells trying to figure out where the heck you start finding TDC on a flat twin :blink:

... a probe - oooer - in the spark plug hole ?

a good friend of mine took an Ami 8 and removed the body , banded the front wheels 8" and fitted 10.50 - 15's and made it 2 seater one behind the other back in the 80's and even as a 2wd it floated over rough or boggy terrain better than a swb series

we christened it the mud skipper , it did need some mud guards but full waterproofs and goggles worked ok . he even fabbed a scoop to draw the air for cooling from behind the engine at the top to help when splashing :)

I also saw a 2cv racing at Peters pit AWDC comp safari back then and it did itself proud , not last by any means

cheers

Steveb

Well, the links from AMB were rather useful and showed there to be a timing pin hole in the fly wheel and a guide hole through the right bell housing webs, took me a little bit of time to remember how to adjust a set of points its been so long.

Even got it running at, erm, well 12:30 :o Good job my neighbors are well used to my shenanigans in the back of the barn in the silly am hours :lol:

• Like 1

Nigel

If the dyane is running on unleaded, you need to retard the timing a couple of degrees after you haveset it up with the flywheel hole, as they will pink badly on the original settings.

Tim ( proud owner of a citroen Acadyane van :-) )