Thinners vs. Brake Caliper Seals

Just about to start revamping my braking system, got calipers rebuilt (sandblasted, S/S Pistons, new seals fitted & reassembled) and was thinking of painting them.

Would it be alright to give them a clean with Thinners to remove any leftover Grease, Brake Fluid etc prior to applying the paint?

I've heard/read a few different ideas on this, some people are saying the thinners will swell the seals & others seem to think it will be fine .........

Anyone have any advice on this?

Cheers

Used IPA in the end, on a rag and gave them a good wipe over rather than rinsing them in a container of it.

Sighnbox i'm also using the Yellow Halfords Caliper paint (small 250ml cans) - what sort of drying times did you have with yours?

If you read the back of a tin of brake/carb cleaner, you will fid the major constituent of it is isopropyl alcohol. Find your local chemical suppliers to buy it from - tends to be a hell of a lot cheaper. Just be careful what type of plates spray thingy you use it in as it can melt some types of plastic.