110 Front Axle Into a RRC?

Davo

I was just wondering if a front axle from a 1983 110" would go into a 1983 Range Rover. I happen to have both of these here, but the 110 is terminally rusty and the Rangie is our everyday 4WD. So I wouldn't mind the 110 axle with bigger brakes and more easily upgraded, (i.e., Ashcroft), CVs and stub axles and so on. I know that the brakes would need a little change in the pipework since it would be going from two lines to each caliper to one line each, the springs will fit, the steering should fit, diff is the same, (though I'll be putting in a Truetrac as in the rear), but are the radius arms the same and, a big question: is the track the same? I've got alloys on the Rangie I'm keeping so I was planning on replacing the 110 wheel studs with RYF500010 studs for alloys.

Thanks for that. That's one thing I'd forgotten about. Being a parts book nerd, I've got both books right here and no, bushes and bolts are different. Oh well, I've got a spare Rangie front end handy and I can always take that apart as well as the 110 for a comparison. (Mental note: must clear up personal junkyard anyway.)

Yes, those are good points, thanks for that. Mostly I just want the bigger brakes. On aulro there are quite the discussions about that and the end result sounds like 110 front brakes are the best thing you can do with a RRC. What put me off was how the caliper holes don't quite line up, (or are bigger, I think), and people had the bolts come loose. Nobody really seemed to have a better way to do it.

What's this about hub size? Is this the centre of the hub where the drive flange bolts onto? That'll be another thing to measure . . .