Disco4 TDV6 engine needed

henk

According to his LR garage here in Belgium, my son needs a replacement engine for his Disco4 TDV6 but they ask around £10.000... :angry2:

Who can recommend a good address in the UK where they also fit it and give 12 months warrantee.

Addresses between Dover and Peterborough are considered

Thanks for any reply

Henk

You might do better to ask the same question on disco3.co.uk

Many of the internal TDV6 parts aren't available as spares, so I think you'd have to regard any 'rebuilt' engine with suspicion. New or salvage are the more likely options.

There are a few common failures in TDV6, and LR have sometimes contributed to the cost of repairs, so it's worth doing some research if it wasn't obvious 'operator error'

A post on disco3.com talked of £5,000 for a new engine (from LR I believe?).

There seems to be a known smoking problem with 3.0 TDV6 though LR claim it is not the engine but at least a LR sourced engine would be up to date with mods etc.

Marc.

Henk

You say this looks like a 'happy outcome' so this may be too late...

I was going to suggest a call to Kev, the Parts Manager at Duckworths in Market Rasen - this is slightly outside your search area but I was having a mooch around his 'interesting but generally spare' containers the other day and he appears to have an engine tucked away!

Didn't ask why (or price) but he is a really knowledgeable chap, helpful and also exports loads of stuff!

Hope this helps