T Max winchs

DefcoL

Can anyone tell me how about TMax winchs?

how do they rate alongside others re:

strength ,cost and how reliable are they?

been told they are cheeper than warn and just as good, is this true?

I think the answer you will get is yes and no ;)

I have a T max hand winch (Tirfor copy, more or less, but 1/4 the price) which seems fine but no experience of the leccy ones. Seem to remember comments on previous threads about spares being very hard to get though? One of the things I like about Warn and Superwinch ones is that you usually seem to be able to get most bits even for very very old ones. There seem to be a lot of cheap winches appearing in the last five years or so, can't help wondering how many of them will still be available in 5-10 years when people might be starting to look for spares.

Why not look for a good second hand Warn/Superwinch at the same price as a new Tmax? Some of them are even pretty good prices as new, the EP9 for example.

been told they are cheeper than warn and just as good, is this true?

TIA

Lawrence

I have had a T-max 1100 on the 110 for a couple of years, am generally very pleased with it, it gets used frequently and has never been a problem at all. I also have a Warn winch on the other 110, either will pull you out of a hole/or another vehicle, or drag virtually anything you want.

There the similarity ends the TMax is very very slow, and noisy(Or it was till i stripoped a greased everything).

So basically if you want a fast winch for competition use forget the T-Max. If you want a winch for other use i would buy the T-Max. It all depends what you want it for.

Regards Keith

I have a T-max EW 12500, and apart from some stupid monkey (IE me :( ) who mounted the short splined axle between the gearbox and drum, the wrong way allowing the winch to freespool without warning, I have not have any problems.

Apparently grease is very rare in China, so it is a good idea to ad some to the gearbox, especially the freespool mechanism.

I have a TMax 9500, i got it over a year ago, and within a month it had burnt out 2 sets of standard solenoids and i hadnt even used it in anger! i got a set of allbrights for it, but have never got round2 fitting them, I took the winch off my S2 cuz she was for sale, and its still in my shed...

When it worked, it was good, i used it 2 pull my mates smashed up audi on2 a trailer and i used it a couple of times for light/medium self recovery etc.

as i said, the fault was with the solenoids, not the winch its self, and i intend2 use the winch again, as soon as i have something serious 2 put it on...

T-Max ?

Personally I would not waste your money

There built down to a (cheap) price, ...........not up to a spec.

If you ever want to sell it you'll find a deathly hush unless its 'bargain basement' cheap.

Buy a quality winch S/H if need be, ..........and you'll have something that always holds its price, parts available, and reliable,

Husky is highly underrated IMHO or an 8274 in its various guises

Spend your £££ wisely............. and a T max means that it doesn't get a look in

Nige

Quite big here in Aus

Most of the winch challenge boys run them on there turcks. They have warns or T-max. Or warn in front T-max in back.

Plus T-max sponser most of the winch challenges over here too (mind you that does not mean much as Scrap Iron sponser stuff in the Uk)

Have a good name here