Chassis differences? tdci chassis with 200 tdi engine

i have a 200 tdi and it needs a rebuild chassis wise.

If i bought a tdci new galv chassis and rear tub, tank etc do you think i could bolt 200 tdi mounts on and leave the tdci ones for future upgrade? same for gearbox mounts etc?

thinking i could then upgrade the rest as and when.

My new galv chassis bought Sept 2013 from Marsland is a Tdci type with correct Defender spec 200Tdi engine & gearbox mounts, steel rear fuel tank brackets & correct fittings for my TD [not tdi] exhaust, Tdi exhaust has different hangers to mine.

Having both types of engine/gearbox mounts might create unwanted fitting problems for both drivetrain versions, they might need to occupy the same locations on the chassis.

The tdci engine mounts are quite big. And would I'm sure be in the way. Ss with the gearbox mounts. The tdci has those welded to the chassis. Not bolted on...

I'm mid way through building my truck onto a new chassis I got from a main dealer. Mine is v8 auto. So I have removed the engine and box mounts.

I personally wouldn't see a tdci as an upgrade!

I prefer the dash on a tdci so i was going to buy a later bulkhead to replace the rusted one.

and from that i guess it would be as easy to upgrade to the later tdc engine and loom? but i have a genuine 200 engine etc so wanted to fit that first off.

could the dash be used, is there a conversion for tdci to tdi yet?

Tdci chassis is all you can get new from LR, actually made by GKN for them & Marsland. Richards Chassis would make you a custom order but only if the engine/gearbox mounts didn't interfere with each other when it came to fitting whichever engine you decide to use.

Tdci chassis is all you can get new from LR, actually made by GKN for them & Marsland. Richards Chassis would make you a custom order but only if the engine/gearbox mounts didn't interfere with each other when it came to fitting whichever engine you decide to use.

Richards wouldn't do me a custom chassis because of the fear that I might be ringing a vehicle, I only wanted a series type rear crossmember with the hole in it.

As part of the build process on my brand new chassis. I have to plate the ends of the A frame cross member. So rather than just plate over what was there. I removed it. And what did I find? ?. Yup. Rust. This is a chassis that has never been a vehicle. It has been sat outside stacked for a while. But has never been covered in mud or anything. Yet it's rusty inside.

My advice to anyone with a newer truck should inject the cross member with something like waxoyl or similar. ....

You will have to ask at time of placing your order, pretty sure Marslands won't do it. I never asked when I ordered/collected my new chassis.

if stamped prior to galvanising the VIN would probably end up as unreadable due to the galv coat filling in the stampings.